Skip to Main Content
2023-2024 University Catalog
twoColumn twoLeft catalog

Military Withdrawal

Students are entitled to a leave of absence or Complete Withdrawal to report for active duty, to engage in full-time National Guard duty, or to attend an examination to determine their fitness for these kinds of duty. Spouses and students of affected military personnel are granted the same consideration.

Military Withdrawal can be done through the end of the term within which the student is enrolled. To request a Military Withdrawal, the student must provide a signed statement requesting withdrawal due to military service along with a copy of the affected military personnel's official orders or other official military documentation to One-Stop Student Services for review in the Office of Records and Registration.

Upon approval, a grade of WS-withdrawal for military service will be recorded on the transcript for all courses in which the student was enrolled unless a grade of I (Incomplete) was issued by an instructor or other documented arrangements with the instructor(s) have been made. Once the WS is assigned, tuition will be refunded for those courses. Grades of WS do not count toward the withdrawal limitation policy or towards excess credit hour surcharge calculations.

View the University's current official withdrawal policy.