The University of North Florida (UNF) provides its students with a broad array of quality undergraduate and graduate programs in the liberal arts and professional fields. Through these offerings, the University has earned a reputation for academic excellence. In addition, UNF plays a vital role in the cultural, economic and civic life of Northeast Florida.
This catalog contains a description of the various academic programs, course offerings, degree requirements, policies, regulations, and related matters intended to be in effect at the University of North Florida during the academic year.
Through the university governance and administrative processes, after publication of this catalog, changes may occur in the academic calendar, admission and graduation requirements, academic programs, course offerings, policies and regulations, and tuition and fee charges. As a result, this catalog should not be construed as an agreement between the University and the reader or as an irrevocable commitment from the University to the reader.
While reasonable effort will be made to publicize such changes, a student is encouraged to seek current information from appropriate offices, because responsibility for complying with all applicable requirements ultimately rests with the student.
It is the student’s responsibility to adhere to all academic and University policies, procedures, and deadlines that are provided by, but not limited to, the University catalog. University administration, faculty, and staff make every effort to provide accurate information and standards to students.
It is the student’s responsibility to:
- Be proactive to research all available services and resources and ask questions.
- Utilize information made available via myWings, the University website, and the University catalog.
- Regularly check UNF email, Canvas, and the myWings portal for new information. Email is UNF’s official communication method.
- Regularly visit academic advising to obtain pertinent academic information and curricular guidance.
- Know and understand degree requirements and progress toward degree completion. View a Degree Evaluation and an Academic Roadmap.
- Take initiative to participate fully in required scholastic duties set forth in each course syllabus.
- Know and satisfy all financial obligations.
- Provide and maintain current and accurate personal information and records.
- Embrace opportunities to be productive students on and off campus.
- Exhibit integrity and ethical behavior at all times.
- Be aware of personal safety and security.
The University has the right to change policies and procedures at any time as necessary.
Title IX Statement
The University of North Florida does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the University’s educational programs and activities, and the University is required by Title IX and its implementing federal regulations to not discriminate on that basis. The requirement not to discriminate also extends to admissions and employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX and its implementing federal regulations may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights for the U.S. Department of Education, or both. UNF’s Title IX Coordinator, Marlynn Jones, may be contacted at 1 UNF Drive, Building 1, Suite 1200, Jacksonville, FL 32224, email@example.com, 904-620-2507.
Other University Publications
The online Student Handbook and the Office of Parent and Family Programs provide all enrolled students and their parents or guardians with information regarding the multitude of services available on campus, students’ and parents’ rights and responsibilities as members of the University community, and the many co-curricular learning opportunities offered by the Division of Student Affairs to enhance students’ UNF education.
The Financial Aid guide (PDF) will provide you with important Financial Aid information, help you navigate the Financial Aid process, and understand your award and Financial Aid status. UNF recommends that you file your FAFSA each year by April 1.
View archived catalogs.