The online option in Nutrition is a distance learning degree for those students who wish to emphasize the application of advanced nutrition knowledge in a clinical or community based practice. Applicants for the online option in Nutrition are persons with a baccalaureate degree from a U.S. regionally accredited institution and ACEND/CADE accredited program with a major course of study in Food and Nutrition, Human Nutrition, or Food Management or Registered Dietitians.
- Dietetic Professional Studies
Application Requirement Information
International Applicant Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
Fall Term . . . . . . . . August 1
Summer Term . . . April 15
Admits for fall and summer terms only.
This program is not for those that intend to apply to the Nutrition and Dietetics Internship.
The following must be submitted by the posted deadline. Incomplete applications with outstanding requirements, or those post-marked after the posted deadline, are subject to cancellation. Once an application has been cancelled, the applicant will be required to apply for the next available term, or as a graduate non-degree seeking applicant (limitations apply).
- UNF admission application
- Application fee
- If applicable, collection holds and judicial holds must be cleared
All of the below university and program requirements
A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or its equivalent from a foreign institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate study.
Official transcripts, and foreign evaluations if applicable, from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Letter of intent
- Not to exceed 3 pages in length
- Double spaced with 1" margins
- Describe professional experiences and goals;
- How UNF's master's program is aligned with your goals;
- Applicant's unique qualities (with examples) that will help him/her to be successful in a fully online master's program
- GRE test scores
- Taken within the last 5 years
- 153 verbal and 144 quantitative
- Or 3 years of professional experience in nutrition and/or dietetics
- Applicants that do meet the 3 years of work experience may contact the graduate program director for additional admission criteria options including the GRE
- Bachelor's degree in nutrition from an ACEND accredited program, or a verification statement from an ACEND accredited program
- Students without either requirement may need to complete prerequisite coursework
- Please contact the graduate program director for transcript review
Program requirements - Express Application:
UNF undergraduates applying through the Express Application portal will be required to submit the below documents directly to the department. Questions should be directed to the graduate program director.
- Letter of intent
- Two recommendation letters