Coggin College of Business has many scholarships to offer both undergraduate and graduate students. Please review as a resource for Coggin awards. If you have any questions, please contact the Dean's office at email@example.com or 904-620-1540.
Submit Applications through https://unf.academicworks.com
To be eligible to compete for scholarships administered by the Coggin College of Business:
- Students must declare a major in the Coggin College of Business
- Must have a GPA of 2.0 or better
- Must have completed a minimum of 36 credit hours
The university is currently transitioning to a new scholarship system.
The 2020-2021 application window will open on January 15th for all scholarships.
Undergraduate scholarships will be closed on March 15th
Graduate scholarships will be closed on April 15th.
Awards: Undergraduate and Graduate scholarships are awarded
once a year. Study abroad deadlines varies.
Application: You will
complete one application for the available scholarships. For apply-to types,
you will need to search the scholarship and complete the required information
to be eligible.
Financial Aid: A current FAFSA is required for some award.
Contact one stop services Financial Aid at 904-620-5555 with questions.
Be sure to Opt-In: You must opt-in to release your
information. Complete this process in MyWings under “Data Consent with UNF
Easy as one, two, three
Step 1: Review scholarship criteria for your majors
Step 2: Review how to apply for your scholarship
Write an essay for the following prompt:
In no more than 500 words, please describe your time at UNF, including academic experience, work experience, community involvement, and extracurricular activities. Please also include your plans after college.
Step 3: Apply for your scholarship
Following the directions in step two, apply for your scholarship. The scholarship application review and selection process can take up to 8 weeks. Decision notifications will be sent via e-mail to each applicant.
Step 4: Scholarship recipient responsibilities
Students who are awarded a scholarship will be required to complete the steps listed below. It is very important that award recipients meet the donor(s) and express their gratitude in the form of a thank you letter as well as attend a scholarship reception.
- Student award recipients will receive a scholarship acceptance letter via e-mail.
- Write and submit a donor thank you letter: students can review the thank you letter guidelines and a sample thank you letter template below. Letters should be typed. Letters will be mailed directly to the donor(s) from the Dean's office. Please see helpful tips below for more info.
- Attend a scholarship reception event: students should plan to attend a scholarship reception event. These dates and times will be shared with the students by the Dean's office. This event will provide the students an opportunity to meet with the donor(s) and express their gratitude in person.
Sample Thank you letter
Scholarship Thank You Letter Tips
Make an impact: Your thank you letter is very important to the donor! It provides you with an opportunity to share your own personal story as well as a way to express your gratitude for the award.
Make it your own: Use the sample thank you letter template as a guide, but please share your own story and do not copy the wording in the example. The letter does not have to be long, but it should be heartfelt.
Write professionally: You want to make a good impression! Have a friend or family member read your letter for revisions and feedback before submitting it. Letters that contain many writing and grammatical errors will be returned to the student for correction. This could delay getting your letter to the donor.