Office of Undergraduate Research
Our mission is to improve the undergraduate experience at the University of North Florida by providing support, guidance, and opportunities to all students throughout the research process.
What we are
The Office of Undergraduate Research provides services and support to all undergraduates, all majors, and all departments. We specialize in creating opportunities for undergraduates to work one-on-one with faculty members at UNF, conducting research, publishing research, presenting at professional conferences, and more.
Some benefits of undergraduate research include:
- Increase understanding of how knowledge is created
- Preparation for graduate school, professional school, and the work force
- Clarify career goals
- Sharpen critical thinking skills
Make an appointment
- The Office of Undergraduate Studies and Office of Undergraduate Research recently purchased a software called the Student Opportunity Center. This software allows students and faculty to access grants, internships, conferences, and more from across the country in their specific discipline. Read more about the Student Opportunity Center on our Research Opportunities page.
- The Office of Undergraduate Research will host the 2019 Florida Undergraduate Research Conference. More information will be available in Summer 2018!
- OUR will not offer Conference and Travel grants in Spring 2018. Conference and Travel grants will open again in Summer 2018.
- OUR announced a new pilot funding program for undergraduate researchers - SURF
- The deadline for Fall 2018 Research Grants is Wednesday, October 3, 2018.