Brooks College of Health Scholarships
The Brooks College of Health offers an increasing number of merit and need-based scholarships each year funded by generous gifts from private donors, alumni, friends of the College, administration, faculty, staff, non-profit organizations and corporations.
Students may apply for Brooks College of Health scholarships through the UNF scholarship management system, Academic Works, at http://unf.academicworks.com. This portal allows students to view eligible scholarships, apply online and manage the acceptance process. Please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Complete the Data Sharing Consent form
Each year, students must complete the data sharing consent form to be considered for any Foundation scholarship. This includes renewal of an existing scholarship. Once the form is complete, it takes 24 hours for student data to be updated in Academic Works.
To access and complete the form:
- Click here: Consent Form Webpage
- Log into myWings
- Click on the Data Consent with UNF Foundation Scholarship link
- Fill out the form and click submit at the bottom
Step 2: Visit UNF Academic Works
Students may sign into the AW system using their UNF login and password. Academic Works allows students to complete the "General Application" to be auto-matched to scholarships. They are also given the opportunity to complete the "Conditional Application" to apply-to specific scholarships. After completing and submitting the applications, students can check the status of an application under the "My Applications" tab.
General Application - "Auto-Match"
Students must complete and submit their "General Application" first. You will be asked a series of preliminary questions to be considered for opportunities university wide that are designated as "Auto-Match". The system has predetermined qualifiers in place to retrieve this information. After entering all of your information, please remember to click on the Submit button, otherwise, you will remain in a drafted status. Once submitted, applicants may be directed to a "Conditional Application" of recommended opportunities.
Conditional Application - "Apply-To"
The Conditional Application requires the applicants to "Apply-To" recommended scholarship opportunities by providing additional information such as an essay, community service hours, recommendation letter, employment verification, etc. as noted per each gift agreement. After entering all of your information, please remember to click the Submit button again, otherwise, you will remain in a draft status.
Upon completion of the General Application and any Conditional Application, the applicants will automatically be matched to scholarship opportunities for which they qualify based on the information provided in their application. It is important for students to know that "Qualifying does not guarantee that you will receive a scholarship". It means that you meet one or more criteria qualifications. The Brooks College of Health has scholarship committees comprised of faculty members who review all qualified applicants and give their recommendations in the selection process. The recommendations are then submitted for approval by financial aid and foundation accounting. After approval is confirmed, the recipients will be sent an offer letter to accept or decline the scholarship.
For questions regarding University scholarships, contact email@example.com.
An important note about Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP):
Students are reviewed for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) at the end of each term. Students who fall into SAP warning or suspension receive an email informing them of their SAP status. Students in SAP suspension may submit a SAP appeal to the University. Unless the appeal is submitted and approved, the student will not be eligible to receive a BCH scholarship; the appeal process should take place prior to applying for any scholarship awards. The SAP Appeal forms and instructions can be found by clicking the link provided (https://www.unf.edu/uploadedFiles/aa/enrollment/onestop/finaid/SAPAppeal.pdf). For questions regarding One-Stop Services Financial Aid, please contact (904) 620-5555.
General Scholarship Information
- Financial Aid: Need-based scholarships require you to have a current FAFSA on file. For questions regarding this, contact One-Stop Services Financial Aid at 904-620-5555.
- Funding: Scholarship awards are contingent on the availability of funding.
- How do scholarship awards affect my Federal Financial Aid? Scholarships count toward your financial aid; therefore, other need-based aid (grants, subsidized loans, etc.) may need to be reduced so you are not over-awarded beyond your cost of education. A Cost of Education budget is determined for each student and, according to Federal regulations, the sum of your awards cannot exceed this budget. Additionally, if you are an athlete, the NCAA has regulations and guidelines that must be followed. It is imperative that you notify One-Stop Student Services if you are receiving additional funding as the scholarship award might affect your Federal Financial Aid.
- Attend scholarship reception event: BCH recipients should plan to attend the annual scholarship reception event. This event is usually held in the spring of each year and is hosted by the Dean of the Brooks College of Health and provides the recipients an opportunity to meet with their donor(s) and express their gratitude in person. Dates and times are provided by the Dean's Office via email to recipients.
Scholarship Thank You Letter Tips
- Make an impact: Your thank you letter is very important to the donor! It provides you with an opportunity to share your own personal story and to express your gratitude for the award.
- Make it your own: Share your own story about you, what year you are in, what you are majoring in, how this scholarship has helped you and a brief description of your short-term / long-term career aspirations. The letter does not have to be long, but it should be heartfelt.
- Write professionally: You want to make a good impression! Write clearly and concise, express enthusiasm and be sincere and check for spelling and grammatical errors before submitting it.
Brooks College of Health
1 UNF Drive
Building 39, Room 3031
Jacksonville, FL 32224