Skip to Main Content
The Graduate School

Change of Concentration or Major

Active, degree-seeking graduate level students may change their concentration or major by submitting a Change of Concentration or Change of Major online form request through myWings. If your status is inactive, or you have not been admitted into a degree-seeking program, you will need to apply for graduate admissions.

Please note that students pursuing two graduate degrees must graduate with both degrees in the same term. Students who do not complete degree requirements for both degrees will be required to select one degree upon graduation.
  • Which form do I submit?

    The Change of Concentration Form is used to:

    • Add or remove a concentration in the same program of study
    • Switch from thesis to non-thesis, or vice versa, in the same program of study

    The Change of Major Form is used to: 

    • Add, remove, or replace a major
    • Update your program of study to the newest version
    • Switch from MA to MS, or vice versa, in the same program of study
    If you are unsure which form you should submit, please contact us.
  • Is there a deadline to request to change my concentration or major?
    All requests for the current term must be submitted by the Major Change deadline posted on the Academic Calendar. If your request is received after the deadline, it will be processed for the next term unless you are signed up for graduation.
  • How do I submit a form?

    Once you have logged into myWings: 

    1. Visit myWings
    2. Under My Resources in the left side column, click Student 
    3. From Student Resources, select Banner Self Service
    4. From Student Services, select Online Forms
    5. Navigate to Graduate School and select Change of Concentration Form or Change of Major Form  
      • Please note, if changing concentrations you must indicate a new concentration. Not doing so will result in issues with Financial Aid. 
    6. Please review all information carefully and ensure all fields are accurately completed 
    If additional information is required, we will contact you at your UNF email.
  • How long does it take for my record to update?
    Once you submit the form it is routed to our office for evaluation. If all fields are correct, we will forward the request to the appropriate graduate program director(s). We recommend following-up with your graduate program director upon submission of your form. After they have approved, it will be routed back to the Graduate School for final processing and your transcript will reflect the update.
  • How do I check the status of my request?

    Once you have logged into myWings: 

    1. Click the Student Records tile
    2. Select the Student Forms option
    3. Select Status of My Online Forms