To support the improvement of education through a variety of leadership roles, the College of Education and Human Services at the University of North Florida offers a program leading to the Doctor of Education (EdD) degree in educational leadership. The EdD program draws from a number of departments and other instructional resources of the university. The program consists of course work in interdisciplinary foundations, leadership, research methodologies, and a cognate (or minor) area. The completion of a dissertation is the capstone project of the degree program.
Application Requirement Information
International Applicant Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
Fall Term . . . . . . . . May 1
Admits for fall term only.
The following must be submitted by the posted deadline. Incomplete applications with outstanding requirements, or those post-marked after the posted deadline, are subject to cancellation. Once an application has been cancelled, the applicant will be required to apply for the next available term, or as a graduate non-degree seeking applicant (limitations apply).
- UNF admission application
- Application fee
- If applicable, collection holds and judicial holds must be cleared
All of the below university and program requirements
A baccalaureate degree from a
regionally accredited U.S. institution, or its equivalent from a foreign
institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted in the last 60
credit hours of undergraduate study.
Official transcripts, and foreign evaluations if applicable,
from all post-secondary institutions
- Three years of successful teaching experience or related work in training and development
- Letter of intent
- Describe how minimum criteria for admission are being met (i.e. Master's degree and three years of teaching or comparable leadership experience);
- Whether or not a course related to educational or social science research methods has been completed;
- Familiarity with computer-based word processing, or if competence in computer-based word processing skills will be developed during first semester
- Submit written answers to the EdD program questions
- Writing sample
- Published article in a professional journal;
- Paper (6-8 pages) written for a graduate course; or
- Other professional materials for which primary responsibility was held
- Three letters of recommendation
- Address applicants academic and professional work
- GRE, MAT or GMAT test scores
- Taken within the last 5 years
- Competitive scores
- A Master's degree earned from a regionally accredited institution or an equivalent international university
of the Program
UNF's EdD provides highly qualified educational leaders for positions in public and private education throughout northeast Florida.