To support the improvement of education through a variety of leadership roles, the College of Education and Human Services at the University of North Florida offers a program leading to the Doctor of Education (EdD) degree in educational leadership. The EdD program draws from a number of departments and other instructional resources of the university. The program consists of course work in interdisciplinary foundations, leadership, research methodologies, and a cognate (or minor) area. The completion of a dissertation is the capstone project of the degree program.
Application Requirement Information
International Applicant Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
Fall Term . . . . . . . . May 1
Admits for fall term only.
The following must be submitted by the posted deadline. Incomplete applications with outstanding requirements, or those post-marked after the posted deadline, are subject to cancellation. Once an application has been cancelled, the applicant will be required to apply for the next available term, or as a graduate non-degree seeking applicant (limitations apply).
- UNF admission application
- Application fee
- If applicable, collection holds and judicial holds must be cleared
All of the below university and program requirements
A baccalaureate degree from a
regionally accredited U.S. institution, or its equivalent from a foreign
institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted in the last 60
credit hours of undergraduate study.
Official transcripts, and foreign evaluations if applicable,
from all post-secondary institutions
- Three years of successful teaching experience or related work in training and development
- Letter of intent
- Describe how minimum criteria for admission are being met (i.e. Master's degree and three years of teaching or comparable leadership experience);
- Whether or not a course related to educational or social science research methods has been completed;
- Familiarity with computer-based word processing, or if competence in computer-based word processing skills will be developed during first semester
- Submit written answers to the EdD program questions
- Writing sample
- Published article in a professional journal;
- Paper (6-8 pages) written for a graduate course; or
- Other professional materials for which primary responsibility was held
- Three letters of recommendation
- Address applicants academic and professional work
- GRE, MAT or GMAT test scores
- Taken within the last 5 years
- Competitive scores
- A Master's degree earned from a regionally accredited institution or an equivalent international university
Curriculum and Requirements
of the Program
UNF's EdD provides highly qualified educational leaders for positions in public and private education throughout northeast Florida.