Because today's businesses depend upon your ability to analyze and interpret data you need the knowledge and technical skills to make decisions that stand up to scrutiny from your supervisors, clients, and customers. Graduate study in applied mathematics can provide you the tools you need to be confident that your projects are backed by proven methodology, a solid plan, and strong data-driven assessments.
As a student in the Applied Mathematics Certificate program, you can increase your understanding of mathematical models while you train on industry-standard software packages such as Maple, Matlab, and Mathematica. The program blends practical and theoretical analysis and will give you the tools and knowledge you need to handle and analyze data/modeling problems for your organization.
Students must possess graduate standing in order to enroll in the Applied Mathematics Certificate Program. In order to receive the Certificate in Applied Mathematics, students must have an average GPA in certificate courses of 3.0 and no grade below a "C."
Any graduate or post-graduate student wanting to enrich his/her data-analysis and analytical abilities and gain a greater knowledge of mathematical methods and analysis can apply for the certificate program. Each of the Applied Mathematics courses can be used to meet requirements for the MS degree in Mathematical Sciences. In addition, those graduates or post-graduates holding technical degrees might want to further develop their own career opportunities with an Applied Mathematics certificate and perhaps ultimately with an MS in Mathematical Sciences.
Special Notes about the Program
Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid. Please visit the Financial Aid website for more information regarding eligibility.
- Please contact the graduate advisor for an OFFICIAL program of study. This program is pending evaluation of official transcripts.
- Some courses require additional prerequisites. You must complete course prerequisites before registering for any graduate course. Refer to the course catalog for details.
Application Requirement Information
International Applicant Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
Fall Term . . . . . . . . August 1
Spring Term . . . . . December 1
Summer Term . . . April 15
The following must be submitted by the posted deadline. Incomplete applications with outstanding requirements, or those post-marked after the posted deadline, are subject to cancellation. Once an application has been cancelled, the applicant will be required to apply for the next available term, or as a graduate non-degree seeking applicant (limitations apply).
- UNF admission application
- Application fee
- If applicable, collection holds and judicial holds must be cleared
All of the below university and program requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or its equivalent from a foreign institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate study.
- Official transcripts, and foreign evaluations if applicable, from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- GRE test scores (waived for spring 2021, summer 2021, and fall 2021)
- Taken within the last five years
- 148 verbal and 156 quantitative
of the Program