Swisher Startup for Underrepresented Entrepreneurs
Application Opens: Monday, November 16th, 2020
Application Closes: Sunday, January 10th, 2021
Classes begin: February 10, 2021
Classes end: March 31st, 2021
Are you an aspiring entrepreneur who has an idea for a business? Swisher International has joined forces with UNF's Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation to bring the region's first-ever, no-cost start-up program for underrepresented entrepreneurs!
Join a community of trailblazers that share similar experiences as you learn the basics of creating a business. Through interactive virtual sessions with faculty from the Coggin College of Business, engagement with mentors, and introductions to community resources, participants will have the opportunity to take their early-stage startup to the next level!
Apply to the Swisher Startup for Underrepresented Entrepreneurs program today!
Program topics include:
- Session 1: Assessing Yourself and Your Idea
- Session 2: Understanding Your Customer
- Session 3 Reaching Your Market
- Session 4: Legal and HR Issues
- Session 5: Understanding Finance
- Session 6: Sources of Funding
- Session 7: Developing a Management Team
- Session 8: Scaling the Business
- Session 9: Pitch Presentations
Supportive Services & Resources available*:
- Business Development Curriculum Program: Taught by established Coggin College of Business encompassing key content areas, networking, and mentoring
- Introductions to Community Resources: Such as SBDC, SBA, and others.
- Engagement with Mentors: The Swisher startup will host a broad array of business leaders in the local community that will help guide cohort members through program topics.
- Incubator Space: The Swisher cohort will have access to the downtown CEI common areas, including access to office, conference rooms, shared restrooms and kitchen facilities, Internet access and security and janitorial services.
- Pitch Presentation Prize Money: 1st- $2500, 2nd- $1500, 3rd- $1000.
*The CEI & Swisher management teams will determine whether and to what extent the following support services and resources will be made available to Clients.
For more information, contact Kara Barber at the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at UNF.
email@example.com (904) 620-4019
** You are able to leave and come back to the application. When you are ready to return, click on the link again to be brought back to where you left off**
“Anact wouldn't be where we are at without the UNF Innovation & Entrepreneurship Center and Karen Bowling's leadership. The Center is on the forefront of defining what it means to be an entrepreneur in Jacksonville and creating a safe space for founders like myself to incubate ideas, connect with others and bring them to life.”
Co-founder, Urban SDK
“UNF has been so helpful to us. They gave us space, provided marketing support as well as interns to help us. We are so appreciative of what they have done for us.”
Founder, Adeleigh's Treasure
"The Center has supported me in expanding my vision and strategy for Adeleigh's Treasure. The resources have been outstanding. CEI is a pillar in the Jacksonville Entrepreneurship community."