Ready and Advanced Literacy concentration:
The Master of Education in Reading and Advanced Literacy is an advanced study program that does not carry certification or any additional endorsements. The program consists of 39 semester hours of core and major requirements. This program is intended for individuals who wish to gain more knowledge in the field of literacy.
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) concentration:
The Master of Education in Elementary Education, with a specialization in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), is designed to meet the needs of students with a teacher certification who wish to pursue a graduate degree. This particular program does not certify teachers or carry any additional endorsements.
Applicants not meeting the 3.0 minimum GPA requirement may contact the graduate program director for additional admission criteria options.
- Elementary STEM
- K-12 Reading Endorsement
- Reading and Advanced Literacy
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Application Requirement Information
International Applicant Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
Fall Term . . . . . . . . August 1
Spring Term . . . . . December 1
Summer Term . . . March 15
The following must be submitted by the posted deadline.
Incomplete applications with outstanding requirements, or those post-marked after the posted deadline, are subject to cancellation. Once an application has been cancelled, the applicant will be required to apply for the next available term, or as a graduate non-degree seeking applicant (limitations apply).
- UNF admission application
- Application fee
- If applicable, collection holds and judicial holds must be cleared
All of the below university and program requirements
A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or its equivalent from a foreign institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate study.
Official transcripts, and foreign evaluations if applicable, from all post-secondary institutions attended.
Program requirements - Elementary STEM and K-12 Reading Endorsement concentrations:
- Applicants must hold a valid teaching license from any state or international equivalent
Program requirements - Reading and Advanced Literacy concentration:
- Teaching certificate or evidence of eligibility (i.e. graduation from a state-approved teacher education program)
- Three letters of recommendation may be required at the discretion of the department
- Address applicants qualifications for success in graduate school
- Must be on official letter head (if applicable) and have an original signature (electronic signatures are not acceptable)
Program requirements - TESOL concentration:
- Letter of intent
- 500-100 words
- Describe reasons for seeking admission into the program;
- Professional goals;
- How the program will help attain goals
of the Program
This program educates those will teach in public and private schools through northeast Florida.