These programs each provide the opportunity for advanced study, laboratory work and research in the computing field to enhance professional opportunities in industry or provide the basis for further academic endeavors. Students can choose to pursue a thesis or non-thesis track depending on academic and career goals.
- Computer Science Thesis
- Computer Science Non-Thesis
- Information Systems Thesis
- Information Systems Non-Thesis
- Software Engineering Thesis
- Software Engineering Non-Thesis
Application Requirement Information
International Applicant Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
Fall Term . . . . . . . . August 1
Spring Term . . . . . December 1
Summer Term . . . March 15
The following must be submitted by the posted deadline. Incomplete applications with outstanding requirements, or those post-marked after the posted deadline, are subject to cancellation. Once an application has been cancelled, the applicant will be required to apply for the next available term, or as a graduate non-degree seeking applicant (limitations apply).
- UNF admission application
- Application fee
- If applicable, collection holds and judicial holds must be cleared
All of the below university and program requirements
A baccalaureate degree from a
regionally accredited U.S. institution, or its equivalent from a foreign
institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted in the last 60
credit hours of undergraduate study.
Official transcripts, and foreign evaluations if applicable,
from all post-secondary institutions
- GRE test scores
- Taken within the last 5 years
- 144 verbal and 148 quantitative
- Applicants with a previous graduate-level degree from a regionally accredited institution will not be required to submit any test scores for admission consideration
Curriculum and Requirements
of the Program
Students taking courses in the CIS graduate program have developed software applications for local medical voluntary associations. In addition, several theses and projects have focused on software applications ultimately used by Shands Hospital and the Mayo Clinic.