Transportation and Logistics Flagship Program
The support of the local business community, inauguration of the LITSLAB, Flagship Program designation and Jacksonville's geographic advantage, have placed the UNF Transportation and Logistics Flagship Program among the best in the nation.
UNF placed 14th in number of articles published in seven prominent logistics journals according to research published in the Journal of Business Logistics (2010).
Placed in the top 25 nationally regarding institutional thought leadership in the discipline by the Journal of Supply Chain Management (Spring 2007), based on its past 40 years of publications.
The Intermodal Association of North America (IANA) awarded the UNF Transportation and Logistics Flagship Program an unrestricted annual gift of $50,000 guaranteed for three years. UNF is one of only 7 universities to achieve this distinction.
Boasting the only Logistics Information Technology Solutions Lab in the Southeast, the UNF program offers students an opportunity to learn about state-of-the-art supply chain tools and solutions. UNF’s LITSLAB is one of the best-equipped university labs of its kind in the nation with software donations valued at $1.3 million.
Program graduates are automatically CTL certified (upon application, by blanket waiver) through APICS – recognition of curriculum quality granted to only 30 programs nationwide.
Our Program has received considerable state, national and international recognition.
- Transportation & Logistics was established as an undergraduate degree program in 1972 when the University of North Florida opened its doors.
- The Florida Board of Regents selected the UNF Transportation and Logistics Program as one of the initial five programs to receive the Florida Legislature's “Program of Distinction” emphasis within the State University System.
- The Board of Regents designated the program as one of the state university system's “Centers of Excellence.”
- In 2006, the Transportation and Logistics Program as well as the International Business Program were designated University of North Florida Flagship Programs by President John A. Delaney.
- Currently there are 278 undergraduate students majoring in Transportation & Logistics.
Transportation and Logistics Society
The Transportation & Logistics Society is a student organization with interest in transportation and logistics. The club provides ample opportunities for students to network with professional and industry leaders. In addition, the student led club was selected club of the year among 170 registered student organizations in 2003, 2008, 2009 and 2013.
Jacksonville – “Americas Logistics Center”
As a growing leader in logistics and international commerce, the Jacksonville region provides opportunities for students to gain practical experience. Program faculty and staff have built relationships with firms such as CEVA Logistics, Crowley, CSX, Landstar, Suddath, Southeast Toyota Distributors, Stein Mart, Target, Total Military Management, Corporate Traffic, Yusen Logistics, Volkswagen, and McKesson Medical and Surgical, just to name a few. Jacksonville is a major distribution hub with extensive access to rail, air, maritime and highway transportation as well as warehousing and international logistics. CSX, CEVA Logistics, Crowley Maritime, Landstar System, Inc., Stein Mart, and the Suddath Companies all have major corporate facilities on the First Coast.