The mission of the MS in Higher Education Administration is to prepare students for careers in College and University leadership and management. This includes work in Student Affairs, Academic Support, Development and Alumni Relations, Finance, Housing, and General College & University Administration.
This program is not intended for students seeking careers in K-12 schools or for teaching careers. Students with these goals should consult the other outstanding graduate programs in the College of Education and Human Services.
- Collegiate Athletics
- General Higher Education
- International Programs
- Non-Profit Management
- Student Affairs
Application Requirement Information
International Applicant Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
Fall Term . . . . . . . . August 1
Spring Term . . . . . December 1
Summer Term . . . April 15
The following must be submitted by the posted deadline. Incomplete applications with outstanding requirements, or those post-marked after the posted deadline, are subject to cancellation. Once an application has been cancelled, the applicant will be required to apply for the next available term, or as a graduate non-degree seeking applicant (limitations apply).
- UNF admission application
- Application fee
- If applicable, collection holds and judicial holds must be cleared
All of the below university and program requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or its equivalent from a foreign institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate study.
- Official transcripts, and foreign evaluations if applicable, from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Letter of intent
- Describe professional and career goals;
- Three letters of recommendation
- Address applicants qualifications for success in graduate school
- Must be on official letter head (if applicable) and have an original signature (electronic signatures are not acceptable)
- GRE test scores if calculated GPA of last 60 credit hours is less than a 3.0
- Taken within the last 5 years
- Competitive scores
- Will not be required if a masters degree has been earned
of the Program