Guided by the belief that the most important purposes
of schooling are teaching and learning, the programs in educational leadership
are designed to develop effective educational leaders. Students are guided in
their personal development of a vision of excellence in schooling.
Research-based studies of educational policy, instructional leadership,
management skills, and effective schools as well as studies of successful
innovations in practice characterize the programs.
Special Notes about the Program
- Applicants must hold a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Applicants must demonstrate prior successful completion of graduate level courses in (1) educational research, (2) social foundations of education, and (3) educational technology (or will be required to complete appropriate courses as part of this program)
Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid. Please visit the
Financial Aid website
for more information regarding eligibility.
Application Requirement Information
International Applicant Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
Fall Term . . . . . . . . August 1
Spring Term . . . . . December 1
Summer Term . . . March 15
The following must be submitted by the posted deadline. Incomplete applications with outstanding requirements, or those post-marked after the posted deadline, are subject to cancellation. Once an application has been cancelled, the applicant will be required to apply for the next available term, or as a graduate non-degree seeking applicant (limitations apply).
- UNF admission application
- Application fee
- If applicable, collection holds and judicial holds must be cleared
All of the below university and program requirements
A baccalaureate degree from a
regionally accredited U.S. institution, or its equivalent from a foreign
institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted in the last 60
credit hours of undergraduate study.
Official transcripts, and foreign evaluations if applicable,
from all post-secondary institutions
- Professional licensure
- Applicants must hold a valid FL teaching certificate
- Students must pass all sections of the Florida Educational Leadership Examination (FELE) prior to completing the program
Curriculum and Requirements
of the Program
This program prepares qualified and effective
educational administrators to serve in public and private schools in northeast