This certificate provides advanced coursework in curriculum and instruction for secondary (6-12) teachers. This opportunity focuses on enhancing pedagogical and curricular skills of teacher-leaders across content areas. The Advanced Secondary Instruction certificate is most appropriate for professionals who are currently in practice, working with students.
Special Notes about the Program
Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid. Please visit theFinancial Aid website for more information regarding eligibility.
Application Requirement Information
International Applicant Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
Fall Term . . . . . . . . August 1
Spring Term . . . . . December 1
Summer Term . . . March 15
The following must be submitted by the posted deadline. Incomplete applications with outstanding requirements, or those post-marked after the posted deadline, are subject to cancellation. Once an application has been cancelled, the applicant will be required to apply for the next available term, or as a graduate non-degree seeking applicant (limitations apply).
- UNF admission application
- Application fee
- If applicable, collection holds and judicial holds must be cleared
All of the below university and program requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or its equivalent from a foreign institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate study.
- Official transcripts, and foreign evaluations if applicable, from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Professional licensure
- Applicants must hold a valid teaching license from any state
- If you have a degree in education, please contact the program director to discuss waiving this requirement
of the Program