Skip to Main Content
Student Success

College of Arts & Sciences


Academic Advising is closed for meetings or special events on the following days:

  • Friday, April 1st         8:30am-11:30am

What We Do

The College of Arts and Sciences Advising Office serves all sophomore, junior, senior and post-baccalaureate students pursuing majors in the college. The advising office is the main source for obtaining information pertaining to your degree program. It also provides you with your required program of study, which is an outline of all official requirements needed to complete a particular academic degree. As soon as you receive your letter of admission to UNF, you are encouraged to contact the advising office to arrange to meet with an academic advisor.

Advising Testimonials

In the height of the pandemic, good customer service has been hard to come by so I would like to thank you for being kind to me and assisting, you've been very helpful during my time at UNF and I really appreciate you for that.
As always I greatly appreciate your assistance and answering all of my questions. You have made a huge impact on my experience throughout my college career thus far at UNF!

Student Academic Success Services

All of SASS's services are free for UNF students and SASS is dedicated to helping Ospreys succeed in challenging programs of study, transition from high school to college, and become better students by developing supportive programming in partnership with faculty, staff, and administrators. Support options are available in a variety of formats depending on your classes or learning styles:

  • Supplemental Instruction (SI)
  • Peer-Assisted Student Success (PASS)
  • Academic Tutoring & Coaching
  • Webinars & Workshops
  • Persistence Advocacy


Learn More About SASS
  • How can I make an appointment to see an advisor?
    • Use the Advising tile in myWings
    • Call the main office at 904-620-2797
    • Send an email to
  • How can I request to take a course at another institution?

    For concurrent enrollment, you must complete the transient student form on Florida Shines

    Note: if you are attempting to take a 3000/4000 level course, you must obtain permission from the Chair of the department first. Click here to view instructions on how to submit a Transient Student Request.

  • When do I need to declare my major or minor?

    You should declare a major by the time you move to sophomore standing (at least 30 hours total). Please be aware though of any selective admissions policies for your intended major. Those programs can be found here: Controlled Access Programs

    A minor should ideally be declared at the same time you declare your major, but no later than the semester before graduation, preferably by the time you reach senior standing (90 hours total with at least 30 hours at the 3000/4000 level). Please note that some minors cannot be completed in one academic year due to course sequencing restrictions.

  • What are the different majors and minors that I can declare?
    For a complete list of Majors and Minors, please visit our UNF catalog:
  • What is the difference between a double major and a dual degree?
    • Double Majors: Double Majors are earning a combination of either two Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degrees. Double Majors do not need to declare a minor, but must still meet all the requirements of the majors. A course taken to fulfill a major requirement for the primary major may not count again to meet a requirement for the secondary major. (120 hours total).
    • Dual degrees: A simultaneous or dual degree student is defined as one who completes requirements for two different degrees simultaneously whether in the same college or across colleges, e.g., earning a BFA degree while also earning a BA degree, or a BS degree and a BBA degree, etc.
    Students in the College of Arts and Sciences may pursue two simultaneous/dual undergraduate degrees across colleges if the second college agrees to the arrangement.
  • When do I talk to my Department Chair vs. an Advisor?

    A student's first line of action is their designated Academic Advisor to define the needs and work with the student through the Department(s).

    An Advisor may refer a student to the Chair for a variety of reasons, a few of which include when a student is returning from Suspension when transfer coursework needs to be reviewed by the department to see which courses can transfer into the major, when a student is having a dispute with a professor, or if a student is in need of a substitute course to allow them to graduate in a particular semester.