Skip to Main Content

RSO Funding

Student Government Funding:

Registered Student Organizations seeking funding for any items, services, or special events can request funding from Student Government (SG).


Student Government Funding is not mandatory for any Registered Student Organization, but if an RSO would like to receive funding they must comply with the SG Title VIII: Finance Code and Provisionary Language, and Title XI: The Executive Agency Statute of the SG Constitution & Statutes. 


Please remember that under no circumstances may the University's tax exempt number be used by an RSO, student organization, or club. To apply for your organization to become tax exempt, please contact the local IRS offices.

Apply for Student Government Funding

Step 1: Request

RSOs must be funding eligible:


The RSO's president and treasurer must pass the Student Government funding quiz listed on Canvas with an 80% or higher.


Funding Eligible RSOs can then apply for grants from the Club Funding Board or apply for Travel and Special Requests through the Budget & Allocations Committee.


Take this Funding Survey to see which request (Grant, Special, or Travel) that you should submit.


If your request is approved, your organization will receive an allocation of money.

Step 2 : Expend Funds:

Submit a Purchase Request to the Business & Accounting Office.


Take this Purchase Request Diagnostic survey to determine if the Business & Accounting Office will have to reimburse you or pay a vendor.


Receipts for reimbursement must be turned in with the Purchase Request no more than 10 business days after the purchase.

Funding Timeline

For Reimbursement, start this process 3 weeks before the date of purchase.

For Purchase Orders (printed materials), start this process 6 weeks before the date you need the items.

For Contracts (rentals, human services), start this process 7 weeks before the event date.


Funding process - text below



  • Submit Grant Request - Submit completed request to the Club Commons.
  • Internal Processing - Notification of hearing will come through email.
  • Present to CFB - A club representative must present in person.
  • 1 week for SG President to Sign - Notification will come via email.
  • Submit Purchase Requests - Purchases will be processed through the Club Accounting Associate.



For funding questions, see the RSO Handbook, or contact the SG Business Office:


(904) 620-1581


RSO Fundraising

RSO's can also fundraise to gain funding for their organization. This can be in the form of accepting donations, asking for sponsorships, partnering with local businesses, or selling items. Recognition by the University does not imply tax-exempt status and under no circumstances may the University's tax exempt status and/or tax exempt number be used by an RSO.

SG Funding Forms and Documents

Additional Forms and Documents

These forms and documents might help a club with SG Funding, and can help a club receive funding outside of student government.