Skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions


  • How and when do I apply to graduate?

    Graduation applications are available online in myWings.

    • Log into your myWings portal
    • Choose Student on side menu
    • Select Student Resources, and then Banner Self Service
    • Click on Student Records
    • Choose Graduation Application

    If you are applying after the deadline, you will need to see your academic advisor. 

    Failure to apply for graduation by the advertised deadline may affect your ability to graduate, result in receiving a reduced number of guest tickets for commencement, and can result in the delay of receiving your diploma. Refer to the Academic Calendar for graduation application deadlines.

  • How do I know if I am eligible to graduate?
    Check with your academic advisor to verify that you have completed your program of study and satisfied all graduation requirements.
  • How do I change my graduation date?

    Contact One-Stop Student Services as soon as possible if your plans for graduation change.

    If you want to postpone your graduation, you must submit an Application for Graduation (with signature) checking off the box at the top of the form where it says you wish to retract your application. You can obtain this form from your academic advisor and once complete, submit to One-Stop Student Services in 1 of 4 ways:

    E-mail the scanned document to

    Fax the document to 904-620-2414

    Hand-Deliver the document to One-Stop Student Services

    Hicks Hall, Building 53

    Suite 1700

    Mail the document toOne-Stop Student Services

    1 UNF Drive

    Jacksonville, FL 32224

    Once your Graduation Application is cancelled, you must submit another Graduation Application at the beginning of the term you will actually graduate.

  • When and how will I receive my diploma?

    All diplomas will be mailed to students' current mailing addresses on file beginning on the date specified on the Important Dates page.

    To ensure delivery, students should verify current mailing addresses through myWings. If you anticipate an address change, please notify One-Stop Student Services as soon as possible. For your convenience, address changes may be made in person at One-Stop Student Services (Building 53, Suite 1700) or via a signed written or faxed request to One-Stop Student Services. 

    Personal Information Update form

    Please note: Address changes CANNOT be accepted by telephone or e-mail.

  • What is the difference between Commencement and Convocation?
    The Student Awards Convocation ceremony is held each spring semester to honor those students who have received awards from their college or department. Commencement is held each term (spring, summer and fall) to confer degrees upon those students who have satisfied the criteria to graduate.

Program Information

Students MUST specify their intention to have their name printed in the program when they submit their Graduation Application. To ensure your name is printed, check the box on the application stating "Please include my name in the commencement program". Students who leave this box empty will NOT be listed in the program.