Center for Cybersecurity
The Center for Cybersecurity aspires to be the focal point of UNF's curriculum and practice in cyber defense. The School of Computing's Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program is recently federally designated as a Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-CDE). UNF's Center for Cybersecurity exists to provide program guidance and oversight, general cyber defense information as well as collaboration and outreach opportunities among students, faculty and other institutions in Jacksonville, Florida.
News and Events (Fall 2019)
- Oct 23: To keep hackers out and your personal data safe, UNF is adding a second layer of security (read more)
- Oct 19: UNF School of Computing student team ranks 5th in the southeast, 19th nationally and 216th (out of 4103 teams) globally in the IEEEXtreme 24-hour programming competition (13.0 rankings)
- Oct 8: UNF students receive national computing honor society awards (read more)
- Oct 1: In recognition of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month, UNF has partnered with a renowned security education firm, KnowBe4, to provide a quick and entertaining personal security awareness course to the campus community; visit the NCSAM website for more information and to take the test
- Sep 27: UNF School of Computing recognized nationally for cyber defense education (news article) (news article) -- the center's leadership and its affiliates are planning initiatives and activities to harness the privileges and opportunities associated with this newfound distinction....stay tuned!
- Sep 27: UNF receives sizable NSF grant to enhance local computer science teacher readiness (news article)
- Aug 30: New cyber security lab trains students for future careers (news article)
- Aug 30: UNF, Fullstack Academy launches Coding "Boot Camp" for professionals (news article)
Program Guidance and Oversight
General Cyber Defense Education
Collaboration and Outreach Opportunities