Skip to Main Content
Procurement Services

Frequently Asked Questions - Supplier

  • When are service or entertainment agreement used?
    Service agreements are used when hiring an independent contractor to perform a contractual service for the University. Contractual service is defined as the rendering by a contractor of its time and effort rather than the furnishing of specific commodities. The term applies only to those services rendered by individuals and firms who are independent contractors. Contractual service does not include the furnishing of labor or materials or selection of professional services for the construction, renovation, repair, modification, or demolition of facilities or real property. The entertainment agreement should be used when hiring an independent contractor for entertainment purposes.