Skip to Main Content
Human Resources

International Employees

International employees must complete the below steps prior to visiting Human Resources to complete the I-9 Employment Verification Form and relevant payroll processing paperwork.

  1. Take the offer letter you received from your department to the International Center to receive a letter addressed to the Social Security Administration (SSA)
  2. Take your offer letter, the letter addressed to the SSA, and all your international documentation to the Social Security Administration office to apply for a Social Security Number (SSN). You should receive a receipt indicating you applied for a SSN.
  3. Make an appointment with the Payroll Office located in Building 53, Room 2850 via and bring the following original documents with you (not all documents may apply to you based on your status): 
    • Current Passport
    • Prior Passports
    • Current Visa
    • Prior Visas
    • Current I-20 (for F-1 status work) or DS-2019 for (J-1 status- on the job training and cultural education)
    • Any prior I-20, with other Institution (Transfer), or UNF
    • I-94 electronic
    • Social Security Card or receipt from Social Security Administration for SSN
    • Department job offer letter
    • EAD card (if on Optional Practical Training)
    • Copy of the document (if the immigration status has changed)
  4. Take the packet information you receive from the Payroll Office to Human Resources where you will then complete the I-9 and required processing paperwork.

*Note: After you receive your Social Security Card, take the card to the Payroll Office so that a copy can be made for their records.