Skip to Main Content
Brooks College of Health
twoColumn twoLeft

Academic Adjustments and Medical Withdrawals

For academic adjustments related to emotional or psychological issues, please speak directly with your counselor and/or psychiatric provider at the UNF Counseling Center. If you are not in treatment, we are unable to document your situation.

General Information

Your UNFCC psychological/psychiatric records maybe used to evaluate the severity of your mental health concerns and/or extenuating circumstance. Our evaluation may act as supporting documentation for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) appeals and Medical Withdrawal petitions related to psychological distress.

If you would like to pursue this type of academic adjustment, please complete the necessary documents through the Dean of Students (DOS) Office and sign a Release of Information form for the UNF Counseling Center. Once the process has been initiated, please let us know. For a SAP appeal we will provide you with a written letter or summary of care and for a medical withdrawal we will fax the supporting documentation directly to the DOS office, within five to seven business days.

Other Resources You Can Access: