Skip to Main Content
Undergraduate Studies

Accelerated Credit

AP, IB, AICE & CLEP Credit

The AP, IB, AICE, and CLEP examination programs give traditional and non-traditional students the opportunity to earn transfer credit. Please be aware that these credits, while transferable to UNF, may or may not apply to your specific degree requirements. They may count towards general education requirements, prerequisites for your major, or electives. 

The Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), and the Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE) programs allow high school students to enroll in college-level courses and test their proficiency by taking an exam. If you have taken an AP, IB, or AICE exam, you should request that your scores be sent directly from the originating testing agency to UNF's Admissions Office. We will not be able to award college credit for the courses based on your high school transcript. The Admissions Office will evaluate the results and add them to your academic record. For more information on the UNF equivalencies of AP, IB, or AICE exams, please visit the links below. 

The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) enables students to earn transfer credit by exam. UNF will honor a maximum of 45 credits from test credits.

Dual Enrollment Credit

When you hear advisors mention dual credit, they are referring to college courses a student earns while completing their high school diploma. To ensure you receive college credit at UNF for the dual credit courses you took in high school, you will need to send the official transcript with these credits to the UNF Admissions Office from the institution granting the credit. Credits are then posted to your official record within 6 to 8 weeks after your transcript is received.


Applying Previous Credit to Your College Degree

Since official transcripts or test scores may not be available from the institution granting the credit at the time of your orientation, you will want to bring as much information as you can with you when you meet with an advisor. Your advisor will need to know the name of the institution granting the credit, the course number (e.g. ENC 1101), and the final grade you received in that course. Similarly, you should bring information on any test credit (AP, IB, AICE, CLEP) you may have earned. This will help you and your advisor select the correct courses for your first semester.