International employees must complete the below steps prior to visiting
Human Resources to complete the I-9 Employment Verification Form and relevant
payroll processing paperwork.
- Take the offer letter you received from your department
to the International Center to receive a letter addressed to the Social
Security Administration (SSA)
- Take your offer letter, the letter addressed to the
SSA, and all your international documentation to the Social Security
Administration office to apply for a Social Security Number (SSN). You should
receive a receipt indicating you applied for a SSN.
- Make an appointment with the Payroll Office located in Building 53, Room 2850 via firstname.lastname@example.org and bring the following
original documents with you (not all documents may apply to you based on your status):
- Current Passport
- Prior Passports
- Current Visa
- Prior Visas
- Current I-20 (for F-1 status work) or DS-2019 for (J-1
status- on the job training and cultural education)
- Any prior I-20, with other Institution (Transfer), or
- I-94 electronic
- Social Security Card or receipt from Social Security
Administration for SSN
- Department job offer letter
- EAD card (if on Optional Practical Training)
- Copy of the document (if the immigration status has
- Take the packet information you receive from the
Payroll Office to Human Resources where you will then complete the I-9 and
required processing paperwork.
*Note: After you receive
your Social Security Card, take the card to the Payroll Office so that a copy
can be made for their records.