Center for Urban Education and Policy
Gifts to the Center for Urban Education and Policy
can be made by clicking the link above
Summer Bridges Summer Camp
Thanks to grant support from the Delores Barr Weaver Fund, we are currently hosting the first-ever iteration of our Summer Bridges Camp. The camp is a weeklong transformational experience for rising high school seniors from urban high schools throughout the Jacksonville area. The program aims to take the fear out of the high-school-to-college transition. Students are able to discover career pathways and academic fields of study (with an emphasis on teacher education!), meet new friends, make professional connections and more.
The first set of Summer Bridges participants at their pinning ceremony.
CUEP in the News:
UNF Holmes Scholars
Eastside Mural Project
We believe in empowering schools and communities by uniting strengths, inviting advocacy, and inspiring innovation.
The CUEP supports UNF's instruction, research, and service programs by:
- providing quality education for socially and economically disenfranchised groups;
- applying culturally sustainable research related to the education, recruitment, retention and advancement of urban teachers and school administrators;
- facilitating faculty research that advances the academic conversation, improves evidence base educational practices and informs educational policy;
- collaborating with communities to strengthen educational outcomes and quality of life;
The CUEP is guided by these five axioms:
- The people closest to the issues in schools and communities are best situated to discover answers to local concerns
- Learning and leadership are dynamic social processes
- Conversations are critical and central pedagogical processes
- Crossing boundaries enriches development and educational processes
- Hope and change are built on assets and dreams of locals and their communities