Federal Student Aid (Title IV) school code: 009841
Florida Financial Aid Post-Secondary Institution (PSI) code: 161
FAFSA for 2020-2021
The 2020-2021 FAFSA is available as of Oct. 1, 2019.
- The 2020-2021 FAFSA will be used to determine your financial aid eligibility at UNF for Fall 2020, Spring 2021 and Summer 2021.
- Your 2020-2021 FAFSA will use 2018 tax information. This means no more pressure to file your tax returns early or opting to estimate taxes.
- You may be eligible to use the FAFSA IRS data retrieval tool (DRT). UNF and the US Department of Education highly recommend that all students and families use the IRS DRT if possible. This tool makes filing your FAFSA much easier and your estimated financial aid award results will be more accurate.
- If you use the IRS DRT and don't change any of the retrieved information in your FAFSA, you likely won't need to provide tax transcripts or W-2 forms if you're selected for verification.
- Knowing your expected family contribution (EFC) earlier allows you more time to plan and budget for the 2020-2021 aid year.
Critical steps to financial aid
Make sure you know what you need to do to receive financial aid. These step-by-step instructions will walk you through the process.
UNF Financial Aid Guide (PDF 1.07 MB)
This guide provides the information you need to access financial aid at the University. UNF recommends that you file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year by the University priority consideration date for financial aid, October 15.
Understanding your award
Increase your knowledge about the details of your Financial Aid award package.
Important Financial Aid Deadlines and Dates
Where do I go with questions about my account?
Visit the UNF Student Financial Services Office with questions about:
Special or Unusual Circumstances Appeals
If you feel that you have special or unusual circumstances that are not being reflected on your FAFSA, please contact One-Stop Student Services to discuss your specific situation. Although considerations for specific situations are limited, we offer you the ability to provide us with this information.