Office 365 - What to Expect
Experiences will be different. You will need to take action when you first access your email on your office computer, laptop and mobile device.
Please be aware the ITS Help Desk will be experiencing a much higher than normal volume of calls/requests the week of July 29 due to the migration. The college and departmental technicians (C-techs) are circulating and helping users. It is expected to take several days before all issues with this migration have been resolved. Please know everyone is doing their best to assist faculty and staff as quickly as possible.
The ITS Help Desk is in a centralized location on campus on the first floor of the Thomas G. Carpenter Library so students have easy access to all the services they offer.
Help Desk Mission
The mission of the Help Desk is to provide the University's students, faculty, and staff with a centralized point of contact for all supported products and services. The Help Desk is committed to quality service through teamwork and a proactive approach to problem identification and solution.
Help Desk Support
The ITS Help Desk takes phone calls, e-mails, and walk-ins from students, staff, and faculty.
For staff or faculty, the ITS Help Desk staff will either visit their office to provide assistance or escalate the problem to the appropriate C-Tech or D-Tech.
Specifically, ITS Help Desk Technical Assistants are trained to help users on campus with problems concerning:
- Classroom technology and audio visual services
- Network connectivity
- "Up-and-running" support of campus software applications and operating systems
- University-owned Dell computer hardware and peripherals
- Password resets
- Remote access
- If the ITS Help Desk is unable to fix the problem directly, they will consult with colleagues within Information Technology Services and return with the correct repairs or a referral to the appropriate support personnel.
- In addition to trouble shooting, their responsibilities include setting up faculty and administration network clients.
Currently, software support only includes "Up-and-Running" support on application software. Please visit the Center for Professional Development and Training page for more information about software training.