UNF Competition Pool Complex
The UNF Competition Pool Complex is located just north of the Student Wellness Complex. It is available to UNF Students, Faculty and Staff for open recreation. The goal of this facility is to provide a safe, life-guarded environment for student
open-rec use, student programming and student
athlete training and competition needs.
- The competition pool measures 25 yards by 50 meters. It can be set for 9 long course lanes or 10 short course lanes (competitive) and can accommodate up to 20 total short course lanes.
- The shallow end ranges from 4’2” – 5’ with a maximum depth is 8’ with a bathing load of 440
- Kick boards and pull buoys are available on the pool deck and laminated swim workouts are available from the pool office
- There is a multipurpose field adjacent to the pool that is 5,389 square feet with a capacity of 360
Pool use is for current UNF students, faculty and staff with a valid OspreyID. Current members of the Student Wellness Complex have access to the pool through their membership. Check-in is through the Member Services desk at the Student Wellness Complex, building 61*.
Guest passes can be purchased at Member Services in the Student Wellness Complex lobby. All guest passes must be purchased by current members (student, faculty, or staff) for their guest. Guest passes are non-refundable. Minimum guest age is 18 years old.
Single day guest pass: $8 with tax.
- Pool-only memberships are not available at this time
- The pool is not open to the general public
*Swim meet or programmed events will use the main pool entrance.
Hours of Operation
Restroom and locker room facilities are available on the pool deck. The locker room is an inclusive common space with heightened privacy for changing areas. Our daily lockers are available to all members and their guests at no additional cost. Patrons are encouraged to bring their own padlock. Padlocks are also available for purchase at the Member Services desk. Padlocks left overnight on daily lockers will be removed.
Programming and Reservations
Programming and reservations are available to the UNF Campus
Community (departments, registered student organizations, etc.). Programs
and reservations will be scheduled around the UNF Swim Team training and swim
To request special programming or reserve the pool, email Caleb Crowder at email@example.com
- Shower before entering
- No running, rough play, smoking or vaping within
the pool area and facility
- No prolonged breath holding, no prolonged under
- No band-aides or chewing gum in the pool
- No food or beverages in pool or on pool wet deck
- No glass or animals within the fenced pool area
- Do not swallow the pool water, it is
- Do not use the pool if you are ill with diarrhea
- Management not responsible for lost or stolen
- Pool use
not permitted outside of scheduled hours
- Lifeguards required for open-rec use and
- No diving off of dive blocks – for use by UNF
Swim Team only
- Use of personal floatation is at the lifeguard’s
- No swimming allowed during severe weather, heavy
rain, or when lightning and thunder can be seen or heard. Lifeguard staff use a weather service that monitors area
lightning. Pool staff may close the pool, without warning, based on these notifications.
The pool will remain closed for a minimum of 30 minutes and until the “all
clear” notification is received.
- People with health problems (including open cuts, wounds or known communicable diseases) and people using alcohol, narcotics, or other drugs that cause drowsiness should not use the pool without consulting a doctor first
For more information, please contact us at (904) 620-7946 (SWIM)
The UNF Competition Pool Complex is home to UNF women's swimming, a Division 1 program and member of the Coastal Collegiate Swimming Association. The Ospreys full schedule can be found here. Follow the Ospreys on Twitter @OspreySwim.