Nanoscale Electronics and Optoelectronics
Research by Dr. Daniel Santavicca
We study solid state systems with one or more dimensions on the nanometer scale. These systems provide a testbed for the study of physics in lower dimensions and can display behavior that is strikingly different from macroscopic systems. We are also interested in developing new electronic and optoelectronic devices that exploit the unique properties of nanoscale systems. This work is currently supported by grants from the National Science Foundation (NSF) through the Electronics, Photonics, and Magnetic Devices (EPMD) Program and the Major Research Instrumentation (MRI) Program. Previous grant support came from the NSF EPMD Program, the NSF CMMI Nanomanufacturing Program, a Cottrell College Science Award from Research Corporation, and the NASA-Florida Space Grant Consortium.
- "Compact and tunable forward coupler based on high-impedance superconducting nanowires," M. Colangelo, D. Zhu, D.F. Santavicca, B.A. Butters, J.C. Bienfang, and K.K. Berggren, Phys. Rev. Applied 15, 024064 (2021) [journal] [arXiv]
- "Nanopatterning of Cu-ligated mercaptoalkanoic acid multilayers on Si substrates via atomic force lithography," A.M. Patron, A.M. Bramer, D.F. Santavicca, and T.J. Mullen, J. Phys. Chem. C 124, 1214-1219 (2020) [journal]
- "Superconducting nanowire single-photon detector with integrated impedance-matching taper," D. Zhu, M. Colangelo, B.A. Korzh, Q.-Y. Zhao, S. Frasca, A.E. Dane, A.E. Velasco, A.D. Beyer, J.P. Allmaras, E. Ramirez, W.J. Strickland, D.F. Santavicca, M.D. Shaw, and K.K. Berggren, Appl. Phys. Lett. 114, 042601 (2019) [journal] [arXiv]
- "Jitter Characterization of a Dual-Readout SNSPD," D. F. Santavicca, B. Noble, C. Kilgore, G. A. Wurtz, M. Colangelo, D. Zhu, and K. K. Berggren, IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond. 29, 2200504 (2019) [journal] [arXiv]
- "A distributed electrical model for superconducting nanowire single photon detectors," Q.-Y. Zhao, D.F Santavicca, D. Zhu, B. Noble, and K.K. Berggren, Appl. Phys. Lett. 113, 082601 (2018) [journal] [arXiv]
- "Prospects for faster, higher-temperature superconducting nanowire single-photon detectors," D.F. Santavicca, Superconductor Science and Technology 31, 040502 (2018) [journal]
- "Expanding the molecular-ruler process through vapor deposition of hexadecanethiol," A.M. Patron, T.S. Hooker, D.F. Santavicca, C.P. Causey, and T.J. Mullen, Beilstein Journal of Nanotechnology 8, 2339-2344 (2017) [journal]
- "Single-photon imager based on a superconducting nanowire delay line," Q.-Y. Zhao, D. Zhu, N. Calandri, A.E. Dane, A.N. McCaughan, F. Bellei, H.-Z. Wang, D.F. Santavicca, and K.K. Berggren, Nature Photonics 11, 247-251 (2017) [journal] [arXiv]
- "Terahertz spectroscopy of individual single-walled carbon nanotubes as a probe of Luttinger-liquid physics," J.D. Chudow, D.F. Santavicca, and D.E. Prober, Nano Letters 16(8), 4909-4916 (2016) [journal]
- "Microwave dynamics of high aspect ratio superconducting nanowires studied using self-resonance," D.F. Santavicca, J.K. Adams, L.E. Grant, A.N. McCaughan and K.K. Berggren, J. Appl. Phys. 119, 234302 (2016) [journal] [arXiv]
A full publication list can be found on Google Scholar.