I. STATEMENT OF REGULATION
The University of North Florida waives in-state tuition and out-of-state fees for purposes that support and enhance the goals of the State and the mission of the University. Waivers are established as mandated, authorized, or allowed by the Board of Governor (BOG) Regulations, Florida Statues (FS) and University of North Florida Board of Trustee Regulations.
- The University will apply tuition and fee waivers as established pursuant to BOG Regulations 7.008 and FS 1009.26 https://www.flbog.edu/regulations/active-regulations/ and
University accepted waivers and guidelines can be reviewed at: http://www.unf.edu/controller/cashiers/University_Waivers.aspx.
- The University Board of Trustees may grant additional tuition and associated fee waivers on an individual basis for purposes that support and enhance the mission of the University of North Florida. The University may waive tuition and associated fees related to mission-centric needs. Waivers are awarded based on the University's established key selection criteria of recruitment, retention, diversity and service to students who meet certain initial requirements.
*UNF Mission - Centric awards shall support the following areas of need.
- Recruitment of students with special skills, talents or attributes.
- Graduate teaching, and research assistants and graduate fellowships
- Student retention as a result of unique or extenuating circumstances.
- International and out-of-state students who will increase the student profile or support UNF's commitment to globalization of curriculum and the campus environment. And those students coming under a balance exchange program.
Authority: Art. IX, Sec. 7, Fla. Constitution, Florida Board of Governors Regulations 7.003 and 7.008; Florida Statutes 1009.24, 1009.26. Amended Approved by the BOT 06/07/16 and by the BOG 07/05/16; Amended and approved by the BOT June 16, 2017.