I. OBJECTIVE & PURPOSE
To establish current rates for various fees and fines associated with the University.
II. STATEMENT OF REGULATION
The University of North Florida Board of Trustees must authorize all fees assessed, unless specifically delegated herein to the President. For purposes of clarification, the term “at cost” or “cost” as used in this regulation includes those increased costs that are directly related to the delivery of the goods or services. The University of North Florida Board of Trustees has delegated authority to the president to set the following fees, except those fees authorized in subsections (24) and (28), below, which require the approval of the board.
1. Audit Registration Fees – Audit registration assures a course space for the student; however, no grade is awarded. This fee is the same as the resident tuition provided in Regulation 11.0010R, except for developmentally disabled students enrolled in the University’s On-Campus Transition Program. The audit registration fee for students enrolled in this program is $0.00 per credit hour.
2. Registration of Zero Hours – Such registration provides for examinations, graduations, use of facilities, etc., when deemed appropriate by the University. A student will not be assessed resident tuition.
3. Application Fee – Individuals who make application for admission to the University of North Florida shall pay a non-fundable Application Fee of $30.00 for applications. This fee will be waived for applicants who can document that they have received a fee waiver because of economic need as determined by the College Board or the American College Testing Program.
4. Admission Deposit – Individuals accepted for admission to the University of North Florida may be required to pay a $200 deposit to secure their admission to the University. Upon enrollment, this admission deposit will be used as a partial payment of the student’s tuition. Should the individual not enroll in the University, the deposit is non-refundable. This fee will be waived for applicants who can document that they have received a fee waiver because of economic need as determined by the College Board or the American College Testing Program.
5. Continuing Education Course Fees – Any fees charged students for continuing education credit activities, which are higher than the normal approved fees for similar credit activities offered in the regular on-campus program, shall be established solely for the purpose of recovering all increased costs which result from offering these courses as continuing education activities.
6. Late Registration Fee – The University will assess a late registration fee against students who fail to initiate registration in the regular registration period. The fee shall be $100.00. The University will waive the late registration fee when imposition of a fee would be unjust due to extenuating circumstances.
7. Late Payment Fees – The University will assess a late payment fee or fees to students who fail to pay or make appropriate arrangements for payment (by means of installment payment, deferment or third-party billing), of tuition deadlines set by the University. The fee shall be $100.00 for each.
8. Service Charge – The University will assess a service charge totaling $15.00 for the payment of tuition in installments.
9. Library Fines
a. Overdue books - $.25 per book or unit, per day.
b. Overdue Reserve Library Books - $1.00 per book or unit item, per hour.
c. Overdue Recalled Library Items - $1.00 per book or unit, per day, in addition to any other fines or penalties.
d. Overdue ILL Items - $1.00 per book or unit, per day.
e. Special Borrowers - $50 annual fee.
f. UNF Alumni - $35 annual fee.
g. Replacement Costs – at cost.
10. Overdue Laptop Checkout (Library Learning Commons) - $5.00 per hour with $100 maximum. Power cords $1.00 per hour. Not returned $800 for laptop and $30 for power cord.
11.Security/Access/Identification Card; Duplicate:
(a) Annual $10.00 and (b) Duplicates $15.00.
12. Duplicating/Photocopying Fee (personal use only) – cost.
13. Standardized Tests – The fee for all standardized test (GRE, URE, etc.,) will consist of the costs of administering the tests.
14. Lost Keys/cylinder change – cost.
15. Equipment Damage and Loss – cost.
16. Facilities/Equipment Use Charge – cost.
17. Orientation Fee - $35.00. Additional charges for incidentals may be imposed for reimbursement of items such as, but not limited to, housing and meals.
18. Transcript Fee – Per item $8.00. On demand an additional $2.00. Expedited shipping is an additional $15.00.
19. Diploma Replacement Fee – Per item $10.00.
20. Off-Campus Educational Activities – The University will assess fees for off-campus course offerings when the location results in specific, identifiable increased costs to the university. These fees will be in addition to the regular student credit hour fees charged to students enrolling in these courses on-campus. The additional fees charged are for the purpose of recovering the increased costs resulting from off-campus offerings.
21. Material and Supply Fees – The University will assess material and supply fees not to exceed the amount necessary to offset the cost of materials or supply items which are consumed in the course of the student’s instructional activities, excluding the cost of equipment, equipment repairs and maintenance.
22. Distance Learning Fee – The University will assess a per-credit-hour distance learning fee to cover the additional costs of the services provided which are attributable to the development and delivery of the distance learning course.
23. Miscellaneous Health Fees – The University will assess fees for miscellaneous health-related services provided at cost by the UNF Student Health Center which are not covered by the health fee set under Regulation 11.0010R.
24. Credit Card Convenience Fee – The University will charge a convenience fee of 2.75% of the transaction amount for the use of credit cards for web-originated financial transactions.
25. Housing Rental Rates and Supplemental Charges – Basic rates for housing rental and supplemental charges are set by the University of North Florida Board of Trustees. Current housing rental rates and supplementary housing charges are available for viewing at Housing’s website:http://www.unf.edu/housing/UNF_Housing_and_Residence_Life_Room_Rates.aspx or on the Housing Room Rates Sheets distributed by Housing Operations.
26. Returned Check Fee – The University will assess a service charge as authorized by Section 832.07(1), F.S., for unpaid checks returned to the university.
27. Collection Costs – The University will assess a charge representing reasonable cost of collection efforts to effect payment for overdue accounts. Collection costs will be assessed to the student for collection of debts owed the University not secured by a promissory note or contract.
28. Loan Service Charge – The University will assess a $20.00 service charge on University loans in lieu of interest and administrative handling.
29. Education Research Center for Child Development Fee – Pursuant to Section 1011.48, F.S., the University of North Florida Child Development Research Center will charge fees for the care and services it provides. Such fees may be imposed on a sliding scale on ability to pay or any other factors deemed relevant. A current fee schedule is available at the Center’s website, http://www.unf.edu/cdrc/.
Authority: Resolution of the Florida Board of Governors dated January 7, 2003, BOG Regulation 1.001, 7.001 and 7.003; F.S. 1009.24, F.S. 1009.25, F.S. 1009.26, F.S. 1009.27, F.S. 1011.48(3). History –Formerly 8.1002R. Approved by the BOT June 9, 2015.