I. OBJECTIVE & PURPOSE
The purpose of this policy is to establish the University-recognized holidays for the employees of the University of North Florida.
II. STATEMENT OF POLICY
- The University observes the following paid holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.,( third Monday in January)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Independence Day, July 4
- Labor Day, first Monday in September
- Veterans' Day, November 11
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
- If any holiday listed above falls on a Saturday, the Friday preceding that holiday shall be observed as the holiday. If any holiday listed above falls on a Sunday, the Monday following that holiday shall be observed as the holiday.
- An employee must be in pay status the workday preceding the University holiday in order to receive holiday pay.
- Holidays for University Police are subject to the collective bargaining agreement.
Specific Authority 1001.74(4) FS. Law Implemented 1001.74(19) FS. History Adopted by the University of North Florida Board of Trustees as part of the University's Personnel Program on January 26, 2006; Revised June 2, 2008; Revised June 25, 2009.