I. OBJECTIVE & PURPOSE
To establish criteria for the awarding of the Associate in Arts degree.
II. STATEMENT OF POLICY
Students who wish to receive the Associate in Arts degree must:
- Complete requirements for the degree by the deadline date listed in the Academic Calendar.
- Fulfill the college-level communication and computation skills requirements of SBER 6A-10.030.
- Complete 60 semester hours with a 2.0 GPA including the 36 credit-hour general education program requirements outlined under the freshman/sophomore general education program.
- Complete a minimum of 30 credit hours in residence at UNF. These hours may come from general education or electives.
State of Florida foreign language admission requirement. Note: This requirement
pertains to students initially entering a Florida College System institution or
the state university system in 2014-2015 and thereafter. Coursework for an
associate in arts degree shall include demonstration of competency in a foreign
language pursuant to s. 1007.262.
- Pay all financial obligations to the University.
A student may not apply for an Associate in Arts degree during the same semester as applying for his or her bachelor's degree.