Skip to Main Content

Student Financial Services Office - 1098T Information

The federal government provides two types of tax credits for educational expenses paid by you during the tax year. However, not all expenses you pay to the University are considered qualified expenses. In general tuition and fees that are directly related to your attendance and education are allowable. Room and board, insurance and other personal expenses are generally not allowed. You should review the IRS Publication 970 for more information - or you may consult your tax professional.


Students access their form online via myWings, Student Self-Service tile, Student Account, Tax Information (1098T). Enter the tax year and the form will display.


Depending on your income (or your family's income, if you are a dependent), whether you were considered full or half-time enrolled, and the amount of your qualified educational expenses for the year, you may be eligible for a federal education tax credit. (You can find detailed information about claiming education tax credits in IRS Publication 970, page 9.)


The dollar amounts reported on your Form 1098-T may assist you in completing IRS Form 8863 - the form used for calculating the education tax credits that a taxpayer may claim as part of your tax return.


The University of North Florida is unable to provide you with individual tax advice, but should you have questions, you should seek the counsel of an informed tax preparer or adviser.


For more information about Form 1098-T, visit


The following FAQ is provided to assist you with some of the general questions that you may have regarding the 1098T form and is not intended to be provided as advice in completing your tax return.

Some Frequently Asked Questions