Welcome to UNF's Student Financial Services Office
Tuition and Fee Payment Deadline for Fall 2018 2H is 5 p.m. on October 22, 2018.
If charges remain on your account after the payment deadline, after the disbursement of financial aid, or if subsequent changes are made to your account, it is your responsibility to make sure they are paid. Outstanding balances will be assessed a $100 late payment fee.
In previous years, your 1098-T included a figure in Box 2
that represented the qualified tuition and related expenses (QTRE) we billed to your student account for the
calendar (tax) year. Due to a change to institutional reporting requirements
under federal law, beginning with tax year 2018, we will report in Box 1 the
amount of QTRE you paid during the
Depending on your income (or your family’s income, if you are
a dependent), whether you were considered full or half-time enrolled, and the
amount of your qualified educational expenses for the year, you may be eligible for a federal education
tax credit. (You can find detailed information about claiming education tax
credits in IRS Publication
970, page 9.)
The dollar amounts reported on your Form 1098-T may assist
you in completing IRS Form 8863 – the form used for calculating the education
tax credits that a taxpayer may claim as part of your tax return.
The University of North Florida is unable to provide you
with individual tax advice, but should you have questions, you should seek the
counsel of an informed tax preparer or adviser.
information about Form 1098-T, visit
Please be sure to enroll in eRefund to receive your refund faster and safer:
- Log into myWings and select View & Pay My Bill
- Click to enroll in eRefund and select Yes I want to enroll, click Continue
- Provide banking information; all fields must be completed; click I agree to terms and then submit
Most students who have enrolled in direct deposit will see their refund deposited into their bank account the day after Student Financial Services processes refunds; if you have not enrolled, your refund may take up to 2 weeks to print and will be mailed (so be sure your address is correct)
Access the CashNet User Guide for more instruction on the payment gateway including how to get a Parent PIN.
Student Financial Services Office communicates with students via your UNF email account. Please check your UNF email at least weekly and do not forward to another email account (it may be viewed as spam and you may not receive it).
Important Dates to Remember
|October 22, 2018
||Pending aid expires and does not defer tuition
|October 29, 2018
||Final payment for One-Third Payment plan due
|October 29, 2018
||All non-military corporate sponsorship payments due
|November 11, 2018
||University closed in observance of Veteran's Day
|November 22-25, 2018
||University closed for Thanksgiving holiday
Via 'View & Pay My Bill':
- Pay with e-check (no convenience fee)
- Pay with credit card (there is a 2.75 percent non-refundable convenience fee (4.25 percent for international credit cards))
- Enroll and pay the payment plan (the system will calculate your initial payment, click on the Payment Plans tab). You must enroll by the reinstatement deadline. You will receive a $100 late payment fee if you enroll after the payment deadline.
- Sign up for direct deposit; required for all refunds (eRefunds tab)
Via 'Student Self Service' (online forms):
- Opt out of Florida Prepaid (valid for one semester only)
- Complete a financial aid authorization form (for financial aid to pay miscellaneous charges)
- File a fee petition
Via 'Student Self Service':
- To view your bill/statement in real time; click Student Accounts, then View Bill by Term
Major Office Policies
- The Student Financial Services Office communicates with students via e-mail. Be sure to regularly check your UNF e-mail account. Please do not forward your UNF email to another email account; you may not receive important emails from us
- The University of North Florida requires direct deposit for all refunds--enroll via myWings,then click "View & Pay My Bill" and click "Enroll in eRefunds" in the eRefunds section.
- UNF does not mail tuition statements; students need to check myWings, then click Student Self-Service, Student Accounts, then View Bill by Term.
- Dropping or adding a course during the add/drop period requires an overnight process to update your Florida Prepaid & Bright Futures award to the correct amount..
- Students should go to myWings to check on their account, financial aid status, holds, obtain their 1098T form, etc.
- Your refund may be delayed if you have not enrolled in direct deposit or have unpaid miscellaneous charges and have not completed a financial aid authorization form.
- Financial aid does not begin disbursing aid until the third week of the semester; the Student Financial Services Office will begin processing refunds later that same week. You will receive an e-mail notification the day before your money will be deposited into your bank account.
- Bright Futures and other financial aid reversals need to be paid within seven days from the date the reversal is posted to your student account to avoid a $100 late payment fee.
- Failure to pay your bill by the deadline will generate a $100 late payment fee and you may be purged (dropped from classes).
- Drop all classes you do not want to take during drop/add to avoid fee liability (including wait-listed classes).
- Holds are NOT removed immediately once payment is made.
- You can fax third-party authorization forms to the Student Financial Services Office at (904) 620-1049 to avoid waiting in line.
- If your check/e-check payment for tuition is returned and restitution is not made by the payment deadline, you will incur a $100 late payment fee.
- The Student Financial Services Office provides tips and a course on financial literacy--check it out by clicking on "Financial Literacy" under the Student Financial Services Office Quick Links.
The Student Financial Services Office is located at Hicks Hall, Building 53, Suite 1100
|8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
*Hours may vary during add/drop and other peak times
For questions or concerns, please contact us.
The mission of the Student Financial Services Office is to provide for accurate receipting, depositing and recording the collection of all University monies and the prompt payment of fee refunds and financial aid disbursements. We proudly serve you as a helpful member of the University community devoting our full attention to your financial needs and issues.
UNF, a nationally ranked university located on an environmentally beautiful campus, offers students who are dedicated to enriching the lives of others the opportunity to build their own futures through a well-rounded education.
Margaret Partyka, Bursar