Skip to Main Content
Regulations and Policies

Regulations & Policies

Academic Affairs - Enrollment Services


To establish a policy defining academic progress as it is indicated on student records and how the status will affect a student's academic progress at the university.


Good Academic Standing: Undergraduate students who possess a total institutional GPA of 2.0 or above (All Teacher Education majors need a GPA of 2.5 or above are considered to be in Good Academic Standing.

Academic Probation: An undergraduate student who fails to maintain good academic standing will be placed on academic probation and referred to an academic advisor. Academic probation is a warning (Teacher Education majors must see the College of Education and Human Services Probation/Suspension section of the catalog for the College's probation policy.) Transcripts will reflect probations.

Academic Suspension and Dismissal:

If the Total Institutional GPA falls below 2.0 at the end of a semester in which a student is on Academic Probation, then the student will be eligible for suspension. (Teacher Education majors must see the College of Education and Human Services Probation/Suspension section of the catalog for the College's probation policy.)

If suspended, the student will be dropped from any course for which he/she is currently registered and denied the opportunity to re-enroll. The duration of suspension varies by college. E-mail notification is sent by the Registrar's Office to students who are placed on suspension. Written notification may additionally be sent to students from their respective college or the Academic Center for Excellence (ACE). Transcripts will reflect suspensions.

A suspended student who desires to be re-admitted to the same major field as when last enrolled may do so upon the written recommendation of the advisor, the department chair, and/or departmental committee designated by the Department and College in which the student was last enrolled at the time he or she was suspended. The dean may deny a student's continued registration in the department. A student who is suspended from a degree program at UNF who wishes to be re-admitted into another UNF degree program must have the re-admission approved by the appropriate advisor, the department chair, or departmental committee of both programs. Re-admission procedures vary by college.

Degree-seeking UNF students (except for Teacher Education majors) who receive credit for upper-level course work at another institution while suspended from UNF may transfer these credits back to UNF only with the permission of the appropriate UNF advisor, department chair, or departmental committee.

FTIC students are expected to maintain Good Academic Standing in their initial matriculation term. Students who do not maintain Good Academic Standing will be required to meet with their academic advisor to review their future schedule prior to the start of the next applicable term.

Students who fall below a 2.0 current term GPA will be tracked by the Registrar's Office and reported to the appropriate College advising office.

Print Page