I. PURPOSE & SCOPE
- The purpose of these regulations is to govern the operation of all vehicles, both motorized and non-motorized (automobiles, trucks, scooters, mopeds, bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, etc.) while on the campus of the University of North Florida. These regulations are applicable to all persons operating, using or parking a vehicle at the University and these regulations and resulting regulations are enforceable at all times of the day and night and in any weather condition throughout the calendar year.
- The University Police, sworn law enforcement officers, are authorized to enforce all University traffic and vehicle use regulations, including University parking requirements, and are empowered to enforce all State of Florida and City of Jacksonville traffic laws, ordinances and regulations which are not in conflict with these regulations.
- The University Police are authorized to issue citations and make arrests, whichever is applicable, to enforce the traffic, parking and vehicle use regulations contained in these regulations.
- The University Police may pursue violators off campus to make traffic stops, including arrests, and may assist, or request the assistance of, law enforcement officers from other jurisdictions regarding enforcement of the traffic and vehicle use regulations contained in these regulations.
- The University does not assume any responsibility for damage to vehicles or their contents while they are operated on University property.
Authority: Resolution of the Board of Governors dated January 7, 2003
Florida Statutes 1001.74(35) and 1006.66
History-New 10-20-05, Formerly 5.1001, 6C9-10.001.