I. OBJECTIVE & PURPOSE
To establish policy for making grade changes.
II. STATEMENT OF POLICY
A student's grade may change when:
- There has been a factual error made in the original grade assignment.
- The student has completed coursework for an incomplete grade by the assigned date.
- The student has failed to complete coursework for an incomplete grade by the deadline date assigned by the instructor.
- A student successfully appeals a final evaluative grade through the Academic Appeals process. Students may appeal a grade withing 90 days of the time the original grade was earned.
III. STATEMENT OF PROCEDURES
If a factual error is made in an original grade, the instructor may submit an electronic change of grade through faculty self service or a Change of Grade Form signed by both the instructor and the Department Chairperson.
Incomplete Grade Changes:
- Students who complete the necessary coursework, the faculty member must submit an electronic change of grade through faculty self service or an Official Change of Grade Form to assign a final evaluative grade,
- Students who fail to complete the necessary coursework for incomplete grades will receive a final grade indicated by the instructor electronically through the Incomplete Grade Tracking process. If no grade was assigned the student will receive a failing grade (F).