I. OBJECTIVE & PURPOSE
To establish policies for the acceptance of credit through Acceleration Mechanisms and assure compliance with BOG regulation 6.006 and SBE Rule 6A-10.024.
II. STATEMENT OF POLICY
The University will accept credit awarded through one or a combination of state-approved acceleration mechanisms not to exceed forty-five (45) credit hours. Credits awarded through this method must meet or exceed minimum scores established by the Statewide Articulation Agreement. University faculty are responsible for determining minimum scores acceptable for awarding accelerated credit for course work in their disciplines.
In accordance with BOG regulation 6.006 Accelerated Mechanisms and SBE Rule 6A-10.024 Articulation Between and Among Universities, Community Colleges, and School Districts, the Office of Admissions will accept credit awarded through the following Acceleration Mechanisms:
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- College Board Advanced Placement
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
- United States Armed Forces Institute (USAFI)
- Defense Activity of Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) Examinations
- Excelsior College Examinations
- Military service school credit evaluated by the American Council on Education (ACE) guide (Maximum of 21 credit hours)
- Advanced International Certificate of Education