Program Description for Communication
Concentration: Digital Video Production
Degree: Bachelor of Science
Grades of C or higher are required in all Foundation and Major Courses
- B.S. in Communication majors must complete a minimum of 72 hours outside of journalism and mass communication.
- B.S. in Communication majors can take no more than 6 credit hours for internships.
Prerequisites (18 credits)
Course cannot include ENC or LIT prefix courses. 18 hours of coursework outside the major and beyond the 36 hours of general education requirements.
SELECT 18 HRS OUTSIDE MAJOR
Foundation (6 credits)
SPC2608 Fundamentals of Speech (3 Credits)
STA2014 (GM)Elem Statistics-Health/SS (3 Credits)
Major Requirements (19 credits)
MMC1004 Media Literacy (3 Credits)
Co-req: MMC3105 Advanced Writing For The Media (3 credits)
MMC3105 Advanced Writing For The Media (3 Credits)
Co-reqs: MMC 3614 Theories and Media Effects (3 credits), MMC 1004 Media Literacy (3 credits)
MMC3200 Law and Ethics of Communicat (3 Credits)
- Prereqs: MMC1004 Media Literacy (3 credits)
MMC3614 Media Theories and Effects (3 Credits)
- Prereqs: MMC1004; Co-req: MMC3105
MMC4420 Mass Communications Research (3 Credits)
- Prereqs: MMC1004, MMC3105, MMC3614, and Statistics (STA2023 - Elementary Statistics for Business for the Advertising track or STA2014 Elementary Statistics-Health/SS for the PR track and the Multimedia and Journalism & Production track.)
- Advertising and Public Relations Concentrations select either MMC4422 Advertising and PR Research (3credits) or MMC4420 Mass Communication Research.
- Prereqs: MMC1004, MMC3105, and ADV3008 or PUR3000
MMC3942 Pre Internship (1 Credit)
Prereqs: MMC1004, MMC 3105 Sophomore or higher standing as a Communication major; major GPA of 2.0 or higher. Coreq: Permission of Instructor
MMC4975 Internship Senior Project (3 Credits)
Prereqs: MMC1004, MMC 3200, MMC 3614, MMC 3105, MMC3942, MMC4420 and Senior standing (at least 90 credits), at least 3 courses required in the student's concentration, and both a UNF and Major GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Public Relations Concentration students must have taken PUR3000, PUR3100 and PUR4801 before taking MMC4975.
For Multimedia Journalism track students, JOU 3109, Jou 3332, are prerequisites before taking MMC 4975.
Major Electives (21 credits)
RTV3260 Single Camera Video Production (3 Credits)
RTV3221 Digital Video Editing (3 Credits)
- Prereqs: MMC 1004 and MMC 3105
RTV3228 Multi Camera Video Production (3 Credits)
- Prereqs: MMC 1004, RTV 3260, and RTV 3221
RTV4221 Adv TV Production (3 Credits)
- Prereqs: MMC 1004, MMC 3105, RTV 3260, RTV 3221, and RTV 3228
SELECT_ 3 from the following:(9cr)
- RTV 4581 Lighting for Production (3 credits)
- MMC 4500 History of Mass Communication (3 credits)
Prereqs: MMC 1004 and MMC 3105
- COM 3346 Interviewing: Theories and Methods (3 credits)
Prereqs: SPC2608 or SPC4064
- MMC 3711 Multimedia Graphics (3 credits)
- RTV 3000 Principles of Broadcasting (3 credits)
- SPC 4064 Public Speaking for Professionals (3 credits)
- RTV 3601 Announcing & Performance (3 credits)
- PUR 3000 Principles of Public Relations (3 credits)
- ADV 3008 Principles of Advertising (3 credits)
- RTV 4330 Documentary Fundamentals (3 credits)
- JOU 3342 Multimedia Storytelling (3 credits)
- RTV 4612 Digital Video Effects (3 credits)
- RTV 4291 Narrative Production (3 credits)
- RTV 4225 Corporate Production (3 credits)
- COM 4930 Strategic Social Media (3 credits)
- MMC 3402 Political Advertising (3 credits)
- RTV 4930/4931 - Special Topics (3 credits)
48 Upper Level Hours (48 credits)
In order to qualify to graduate with a Bachelor's degree from the College of Arts and Sciences you must earn a minimum of 48 upper level credits out of the total 120 degree applicable required credit hours. Upper level courses are numbered from 3000 - 4999. Dual Degree and Double Majors should consult their Advisor.
48 HOURS 48 upper level hours