Major: Building Construction
Degree: Bachelor of Science
Bachelor of Science in Building Construction Management with Minor in Business Administration (126 Credits).
Department of Construction Management Policies:
- All courses must be completed with a grade of C or better unless otherwise noted.
- Once enrolled at UNF, all major and minor courses must be completed at UNF.
- Students completing the UNF General Education requirements must take ENC3250 (GW) Professional Communication as one of the courses for the "Writing Effectively" requirement.
Prerequisites (38 credits)
Building Construction Management Prerequisites: (12 Courses - 38 Credits)
MAC2233 (GM)Calculus for Business (3 Credits)
MAC2311 Calculus I is an acceptable substitute.
STA2023 (GM) Elem Statistics-Business (3 Credits)
BCN1251 Construction Drawing (3 Credits)
BCN1210C Construction Materials (3 Credits)
BCN2405 Introduction to Structures (3 Credits)
CGS1100 Computer Applications for Busi (3 Credits)
CGSX531 Integrated Software or CGS1570 Microcomputer Application Software are acceptable substitutes. Approved courses with the CGS prefix may be used to satisfy this requirement. See your advisor.
ECO2013 Principles of Macroeconomics (3 Credits)
ECO2023 Principles of Microeconomics (3 Credits)
ACG2021 Prin of Financial Accounting (3 Credits)
BUL3130 Legal Environment of Business (3 Credits)
BULX310 Advanced Legal Environments of Business or BULX320 Advanced Business Law or BULX241 Traditional Business Law are acceptable substitutes.
PHYSICS I Physics I requirement:
- PHY2053+L Algebra Physics I and Lab
* PHY2004 + Lab may be substituted.
PHYX004 Tech Physics I is an acceptable substitute.
PHYX004L Tech Physics Lab I is an acceptable substitute.
PHYSICS II Physics II requirement:
- PHY2054+L Algebra Physics II and Lab
* PHY2005 + Lab may be substituted.
PHYX005 Tech Physics II is an acceptable substitute.
PHYX005L Tech Physics II Lab is an acceptable substitute.
Core Requirements (49 credits)
Building Construction Management Core: (17 Courses - 49 Credits)
BCN2280 Surveying: Construction Layout (3 Credits)
BCN3223C Soils and Foundations (3 Credits)
BCN3224 Construction Techniques (3 Credits)
BCN3611 Construction Cost Estimating (3 Credits)
BCN3762 Building Const Design and Code (3 Credits)
BCN3782 Intro Construction Computing (3 Credits)
BCN4431 Structural Systems (3 Credits)
BCN4591C Mech and Elec Sys (3 Credits)
BCN4612 Advanced Construction Estimati (3 Credits)
BCN4708 Construction Documents/Contrac (3 Credits)
BCN4709 Construction Proj Mgt Cap (3 Credits)
BCN4720 Constr Project Plan/Scheduling (3 Credits)
BCN4730 Construction Safety (3 Credits)
BCN4753 Construction Finance (3 Credits)
BCN4759 Const Fin and Cost Cont (3 Credits)
BCN4931 Seminar:Construction Mgt (1-3 Credits)
BCN4944 Construction Management Intern (3 Credits)
Minor Electives (12 credits)
Business Minor Requirements (4 Courses - 12 Credits)
ACG2071 Prin Managerial Accounting (3 Credits)
FIN3403 Financial Management (3 Credits)
MAN3025 Administrative Management (3 Credits)
MAR3023 Principles of Marketing (3 Credits)
Major Electives (6 credits)
BCM Elective Courses (2 Courses - 6 Credits)
CHOOSE two elective courses from
- BCN3012 History of Construction (3)
- BCN4751C Housing and Land Development (3)
- BCN4587C Green Construction/Sustainability (3)
- BCN4870C Heavy Civil Construction (3)
- BCN4871C Commerical Construction (3)
- BCN4801C Industrial Construction (3)
- BCN4956 Study Abroad: Construction Management (3)
- BCN4775 International Construction (3)
- BCN4240 Construction Equipment (3)
BCN4944 Construction Management Internship may be taken for up to 6 credits: 3 credits for the internship core requirement and 3 credits for a major elective. An extra BCN course may be taken in lieu of the internship requirement. Study abroad can be taken for a maximum of 9 credit hours.