Press Release for Wednesday, March 16, 2016
UNF continues to soar nationally for quality and value
Media Contact: Joanna Norris, Director
Department of Public Relations
Over the last year, the University of North Florida has continually been recognized in the national spotlight by some very elite organizations and is showing up on nearly every national college ranking. More and more, UNF is being seen among top institutions as a high-caliber education destination and a great place to study, live and thrive. Here are some highlights of the University’s recent national awards and rankings:
• The Coggin College of Business is one of the nation’s most outstanding business schools, according to The Princeton Review. The company features UNF’s Coggin College in the new 2016 edition of its annual guidebook, “The Best 295 Business Schools.” This is the ninth consecutive year Coggin College has earned this recognition.
• The University has been named to Kiplinger’s Personal Finance’s list of the Top 300 Best College Values of 2016, which highlight public schools, private universities and private liberal arts colleges that combine outstanding academics with affordable cost. UNF earned spots on the magazine’s list of best values in public colleges for in-state and out-of-state students. This is the fifth consecutive year the University has been recognized by Kiplinger for its public college value.
• For the fifth consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report named UNF a “Best Regional” university in its 2016 edition of “Best Colleges,” which includes rankings and data of more than 1,370 schools nationwide. The University was also included in the 2016 “Best Online Programs” ranking. As a regional best, UNF ranked No. 50, in front of the University of South Florida, 58; Jacksonville University, 65; and Florida Gulf Coast University, 80.
• The U.S. Department of Education released its College Scorecard system, with the University rating above average in multiple categories, including annual cost, graduation rate and salary after attending. The impressive College Scorecard news came UNF welcomed its fall 2015 class, boasting an average high school GPA of 4.02 and an average SAT score of 1218.
• UNF has ranked among the best colleges across the country in a new ranking published in USA Today by College Factual, a trusted online resource that uses customizable tools and outcomes-based rankings systems to guide students through the college selection process. The University is ranked as one of the best colleges in Florida for the money and among the best colleges in the state. UNF was ranked No. 7 statewide, up three spots from last year, as one of the 2016 “Best Colleges for the Money.” And new this year, the University was listed as one of the 2016 “Overall Best Colleges” in the state.
• For the seventh consecutive year, UNF is one of the best colleges in the Southeast, according to The Princeton Review. The nationally-known education services company recommends UNF in its “Best in the Southeast” list for 2016. Only 140 colleges and universities in 12 Southeastern states made the “Best in the Southeast” list for 2016. The list is part of the company’s website feature, “2016 Best Colleges: Region by Region.”
• Affordable Colleges Foundation, a leading resource for online learning and college affordability information, published its ranking of 2015’s Best Online Nursing Schools, charting the University of North Florida No. 3 in the country. UNF is the only public university in Florida to make the list.
• UNF is among an elite group of higher education institutions included in U.S. News & World Report’s 2015 Best Online Programs. The University is ranked among the top colleges and universities in the country for “Best Online Bachelor’s Programs,” which includes data from more than 1,200 distance-education degree programs nationwide. UNF beat out Florida International University, 98; and Florida State University, 161. UNF also landed on the “Best Online Education Programs” (graduate) rankings.
• The University of North Florida was named to Kiplinger’s Personal Finance’s 2015 list of 100 best values in public colleges for the fourth consecutive year. The ranking cites four-year schools that combine outstanding academics with affordable cost.
While the national recognition is an important benchmark of the University’s quality and value, it’s the small class sizes and individualized attention that have become hallmarks of a UNF education. The University’s commitment to individualized attention includes opportunities to participate in life-changing experiences such as internships, study abroad, off-campus programs and dynamic research projects.
UNF, a nationally ranked university located on an environmentally beautiful campus, offers students who are dedicated to enriching the lives of others the opportunity to build their own futures through a well-rounded education.