UNF graphic design and digital media students win gold and silver ADDY Awards
April 16, 2021
Six University of North Florida graphic design and digital media students were winners of gold and silver awards in the 2021 American Advertising Federation Jacksonville ADDY Awards.
A list of all the winners, including the project's title and category, are as follows:
Gold winners include:
- Alfred Hitchcock Movie Poster Series
Miles Keith Vasquez
- Waterman Pen Poster Series
- "Cottonmouth Moonshine" in Sales & Marketing/Packaging category
- "Inspired by the untold stories of Donald "Shine" Moye, Cottonmouth Moonshine is a conceptual endeavor to introduce my great-grandfather's liquor distilling legacy to a more contemporary demographic."
- "San Jose Serpents-NBA Expansion" in Elements of Advertising/ Logo category
- "The San Jose Serpents are a potential expansion team for the NBA. This city is rich in its Aztec culture, so this design is representative of San Jose's roots in Central America. The serpent is an important part of this culture and works well as the city's newest mascot.
- "Jax Mag - Issue: 01 Photography" in Collateral Material/Magazine Design category
- "Jax Mag is a bimonthly magazine that celebrates the creative community of Jacksonville, Florida. What start-ed as an homage to the city that molded the talent found in this magazine, soon became a call for creatives. This platform was designed to champion emerging as well as established talent here in the city dedicated to working and contributing to the visual arts, showcase their work and explore the inspiration that feeds them."
Silver winners include:
- "Yeti's Peak Music Festival" in Cross Platform/ Integrated Brand Identity Campaign category
- "Yeti's Peak music festival is a three-day event taking place in the forest of Pikes Peak in Colorado. (Explain Pikes Peak). The mascot of the festival is the Yeti who with a friendly air invites you into his summer home. This backstory was kept in mind when designing the brand elements allowing the yeti to serve as a visual for communication as well as incorporating the theme of both day and night given the event is three days long."
- "LocalPop" in Online/Interactive App category
- "LocalPop is a mobile app concept which encourages users to explore and support local businesses in their area. The app features an interactive and game-like rewards program. As users participate and visit local shops, they will be rewarded with discounts and freebies."
- Cleofan Magazine
- Jacksonville Jaguars: iOS Stickers
View the winners on the AAF Jax Facebook Album.
The Graphic Design & Digital Media track within the Art, Art History and Design program prepares students to work in fields involving visual identities, advertising design, packaging, posters, websites, motion graphics and more.