Minor: Public Administration
Minor: Public Administration (24 credits)
No more than 6 semester hours, or 2 courses may be transferred in to satisfy minor course requirements.
A grade of B or higher is required for all Fast Track minor courses. Students in the UNF undergraduate Political Science Major, as well as other UNF majors, may apply for admission to the undergraduate Public Administration Fast Track minor. Admitted students take 12 credits MPA classes which count both toward the undergraduate Political Science major, and the MPA program. Tuition is charged at the graduate rate.
The Public Administration Fast Track undergraduate minor does not guarantee admission to the MPA program. Subsequent application for admission to the Master of Public Administration program, admission requirements for the program must also be met. Fast Track MPA students will need 33 graduate credits to complete the MPA, with PAD6106 Admin. Behavior in Public Organizations waived from the core requirements. Eligibility: Students who have
- completed 90 undergraduate hours
- completed 15 undergraduate hours in Political Science
- attained a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 in the students's undergraduate major
- attained a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 overall
The Public Administration Fast Track undergraduate minor does not guarantee admission to the MPA program. However students admitted to the Public Administration Fast Track undergraduate minor who achieve grades of B or better in all MPA classes taken as an undergraduate can expect to be admitted to the MPA, so long as other admission requirements for the program are also met.
PREREQS (12 Credits)
POS 2041 American Government (3 Credits)
POS3733 Research Design for Poli Sci (3 Credits)
POS3734 Research Analysis for Poli Sci (3 Credits)
PAD4003 Public Administration (3 Credits)
MINOR REQUIREMENTS (12 Credits)
PAD6060 Public Admin in Modern Society (3 Credits)
SELECT TWO MPA CORE CLASSES BELOW
- PAD 6106 Administration Behavior in Public Organizations (3 Credits)
- PAD 6436 Ethics, Leadership and Accountability in Public Service (3 Credits)
- PAD 6417 Human Resources for Public and Nonprofit Management (3 Credits)
- PAD6227 Government Budget and Finance (3 Credits)
SELECT_ ONE (3 Credits)
elective or concentration class with approval of the MPA Director.