Minor: Communication Studies
Minor: Communication Studies (15 credits)
No more than 6 semester hours of transfer courses can be used for the minor.
A grade of C or better is required in all minor courses and prerequisites.
Majors in Communication may not pursue minors in either of the two communication minors.
Prerequisites must be completed before a second course that requires that prerequisite.
COM3003 Prin of Comm Studies (3 Credits)
SPC2608 Fundamentals of Speech (3 Credits)
SELECT AT LEAST 1 FROM THE FOLLOWING:
- COM 3120 Organizational Communication (3 credits)
- COM 3042 Interpersonal Communication (3 credits)
- COM 4301 Communication Theory & Research Methods (3 credits)
SELECT 2 FROM THE FOLLOWING:
- MMC 3620 International Study in Communications (1-6 credits)
- COM 4430 International Communication (3 credits)
- COM 3440 Small Group Communication (3 credits)
- MMC 3402 Political Advertising (3 credits)
- COM 3346 Interviewing: Theories & Methods (3 credits)
- COM 4411 Communication & Popular Culture (3 credits)
- MMC 4420 Mass Communication Research (3 credits)
- RTV 4403 Media Criticism (3 credits)
- COM 4022 Theory & Research Methods in Health Communication (3 credits)
- COM 4930 Special Topics in Communication Studies (3 credits)
- COM3752 Listening (3 credits)
- COM 3044 Lying and Deception (3 credits)