Due to current circumstances, we are suspending all face to face service until further notice. We are still available as a confidential resource. If you need to speak with an advocate, please call (904) 620-1010.
If you would like to speak with Whitney, Victim Advocate, you may schedule a meeting by email.
The Victim Advocacy Program serves as a resource and support service for anyone in the University community who has been a victim of actual or threatened violence. The services offered range from emotional support to assistance navigating the criminal justice system. Twenty-four hour crisis intervention services are available to provide immediate assistance to the UNF community.
- 24-Hour Crisis Helpline
- Crisis Intervention
- Emotional Support
- Evaluation of Options
- Information and Referrals
- Safety Planning
- Explanation of Rights
- Accompaniment through Criminal Justice Process
- Assistance with Student Conduct Process
- Assistance in Filing Crimes Compensation
- Documentation of Victimization for School or Employment
- Assistance in Completing Victim Impact Statements
- Educational Presentations and Materials
- And any other assistance that may be required to assist victims/survivors in rebuilding their lives
The Victim Advocacy program assures confidentiality to persons who utilize advocacy services. Client's name and identifying information will not be released to a third party without prior written consent.
The program is required to release information under the following conditions: individual presents a danger to self and others, or is suspected of child or elderly abuse.