The University of North Florida LGBTQ Center envisions a university where all people are fully included and affirmed, and where justice, equality, and respect prevail.
The LGBTQ Center's mission is to provide valuable education and resources for the entire campus community with a commitment to advocacy, equality, respect, and support for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and allied students, faculty, and staff.
Sign up to receive our update, two e-mails per month detailing events and opportunities of interest to the UNF LGBTQ community.
Speakers Bureau Request
Faculty may request panel presentations on LGBTQ issues for their courses. To request a speakers bureau panel please email us.
LGBTQ Center and Lavender Graduation
- UNF is one of six university-based LGBTQ centers/offices in the state of Florida with a full-time staffed LGBTQ Center (The others universities are UCF, University of Miami, FIU, USF, and UF).
- The UNF non-discrimination policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression. We were one of the first colleges in the city of Jacksonville to include both sexual orientation and gender identity/expression.
- The LGBTQ Center was established in 2006, thanks in large part to student activism and a campus climate survey.
- In Fall of 2015, gender inclusive housing launched to provide a safe, inclusive, and supportive experience for all students.
- Gender-neutral restrooms are located in several buildings throughout campus including gender neutral locker rooms in the new Wellness Complex.
- UNF offers several academic courses that address gender and sexuality and has out LGBTQ and ally faculty and staff in departments throughout the university.
- In 2009, the LGBTQ Center moved to a new space in the Student Union.
Watch us in action
Check out these videos of our past and present staff members helping to spread Osprey Pride!