Abel Harding - North Florida Market President, IBERIABANK-First Horizon
Recent Work Experience
North Florida Market President, IBERIABANK-First Horizon (2015-Present)
- Leads the bank's commercial, business banking, private banking and retail banking teams in the greater Jacksonville market.
Senior Private Banker, Wells Fargo (2013-2015)
- Served as a credit advisor to high net-worth families. Developed solutions for investment real estate acquisitions and provided jumbo residential mortgages, lines of credit and other specialty credit products.
Commercial Lender/ Vice President, First Citizen Bank (2004- 2009, 2011-2013)
- Served as a solutions provider for small and medium-sized businesses seeking to acquire real estate, equipment, or expand operations. Clients included: religious institutions, medical practices, manufacturers and professional service providers.
Director of Communications, City of Jacksonville (2011)
- Served as senior advisor to the mayor. Developed communications strategies for the mayor of the nation's 11th largest city and managed a communications department of 15 professionals that spanned numerous city departments.
Journalist, Florida Times-Union (2009-2011)
- Award-winning reporter, covered politics and business and investigative stories. Wrote twice-a-week columns on local and state politics and appeared regularly on First Coast News, and WJCT.
Member of the 2020-2022 class of Leadership Florida
Board of Directors—Jax Chamber (2014- Present)
Chair of JAX Biz- Political Committee of Jax Chamber
Secretary, Board of Directors—Jacksonville Humane Society (2018-Present)
Served as Mayoral Appointee- Jacksonville Planning Commission (2015-2018)
Board of Directors—Operation New Hope (2013-2017)
Chairman, Board of Directors—Cultural Council of Greater Jacksonville (2012-2015)
Member, Florida Banker’s Association Government Affairs Committee
Community Board, Cathedral Arts Project (2012-2015)
Co-Chair, United Way’s first Atlantic Circle class
Founding Member, Rotaract of Ponte Vedra
Graduate of Leadership Jacksonville (2013)
Bachelors, Education—Southern Illinois University, Carbondale