Minor: Creative Writing
Minor: Creative Writing (15 credits)
In this program, students will develop their creative talents by analyzing the work of both canonical and non-canonical writers; understanding and imitating those writer's techniques and styles; developing and revising work for peer review; critiquing one another's work in workshop- style courses; and preparing work for submission to recognized journals and contests.
A grade of C or better is required for all minor courses.
CATEGORY A (3-6 Credits)
Students may choose at least one and up to two of the following:
- CRW 2000 Intro to Creative Writing (3 credits)
- CRW 2100 Intro to Fiction Writing (3 credits)
- CRW 2201 Intro to Creative Non-Fiction (3 credits)
- CRW 2300 Intro to Poetry Writing (3 credits)
- CRW 2400 Intro to Playwriting (3 credits)
- CRW 2600 Intro to Screenwriting (3 credits)
- CRW 2930 Special Topics in Creative Writing (3 credits)
CATEGORY_ B (9-12 credits)
Students must choose at least two and may choose up to four of the following courses (each of which may be repeated for up to 9 credit hours):
- CRW 3110 Fiction Workshop (3 credits)
- CRW 3211 Creative Non-Fiction Workshop (3 credits)
- CRW 3310 Poetry Workshop (3 credits)
- CRW 3424 Playwrights' Project (3 credits)
- CRW 3610 Screenwriting Workshop (3 credits)
- CRW 4924 Adv. Creative Writing Seminar (3 credits)
Courses used in the English Major may not be used to satisfy requirements for the Creative Writing Minor. A minimum of 12 credits must be taken at UNF.